The role of the CAM Programmer is to use Siemens NX CAM for the programming of patterns, plastic, composite and metallic NC programmes in-line with internal manufacturing best-practices and procedures.
- Offline programming using Siemens NX CAM
- Create and validate 3 and 5 axis programmes and supporting documentation.
- Complete NC programmes for 3, 4 and 5-axis machines for a production environment
- Provide assistance to machine operators and recommendations to Manufacturing Engineers allowing optimization of machining processes and machine tool capabilities.
- Ability to work from solid models, part and tool drawings, process sheets, machine and programming manuals to prepare CNC programs for the production of various aerospace products.
- Make recommendations for improvements to work processes. Contribute to 5S program in work area.
- Provide a high level of service to all internal and external customers.
- Experience of Siemens NX is preferred but not essential.
- Experience programming complex 5 axis parts.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Experience of Siemens NX is beneficial.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
Our Chosen Charity: Rowans Hospice!
The ARM charity of Choice, 2019 Rowans Hospice is a charity improving the lives of people living with life-limiting illnesses. They also support families and carers across Portsmouth and SE…
Candidate-Recruiter Relationship = Everything
The candidate-recruiter relationship is what underpins the entire recruitment process. “Recruitment is emotional,” says Randy Moore, from his study near New York. He’s not wrong; we’ve all been through it.…
Winning the War for Talent
Rebuilding the workforce post-pandemic is high up on the agenda. But the war for talent is throwing a huge spanner in the works. Halting possible growth into new markets, limiting…