Vehicle Dynamics Engineer
Job Reference Number: ID751
Gordon Murray Advanced Engineering is a UK-based global luxury brand dedicated to creating and manufacturing the world's greatest driving cars. These ultra-exclusive cars are engineered and designed without compromise to provide unrivalled driving experiences and driver-centric connection.
With multiple sites in Shalford, Dunsfold, Warwick and a new purpose-built HQ on its way in Windlesham, the Gordon Murray Group continues to grow with multiple vehicle programmes currently in development. As a result, we currently have exciting opportunities for a Vehicle Dynamics Engineer to join the team based in Shalford, Surrey.
- Support Benchmark and Target definition
- Execute Vehicle Dynamics Performance analysis - ICE / BEV / Hybrid vehicles
- Responsible for Design of suspension, bush, spring, damper, roll bar, wheel freq, steering
- Responsible for the Vehicle Specification & Vehicle Setup Sheets
- Analyse Tyres Specification and Process Tyre Modelling
- Responsible for Physical Testing Correct Execution (K&C & Dynamic tests)
- Responsible for Correlation reports of Experimental Testing Data & CAE Simulation
- Establish Kinematic & MBD simulation tools (e.g. Motion Solve/Lotus Shark etc.)
- Establish CFD tools & wind tunnel analysis
- Experience: 2-5 years in automotive industry / similar roles
- Theoretical understanding of Vehicle Dynamics
- Good Knowledge and understanding of K&C data, Test verification and Target Setting
- Virtual vehicle dynamics knowledge, with background in CAE/Simulation
- Experienced user of Multi-Body (e.g. MotionSolve / ADAMS) and K&C sw (e.g. Lotus Shark)
- Problem Solving Methodical approach (e.g. DMAIC / 6σ) is fundamental
- Structured Reporting skills : Assumption/Target/Conclusion/Recommendation
Why Join Us:
- Innovative Environment: Contribute to groundbreaking automotive design in an environment that values innovation and excellence.
- Career Growth: Access opportunities for professional development and career advancement within a dynamic and forward-thinking organization.
- State-of-the-Art Resources: Work with cutting-edge technologies and resources to support your drawing and standards projects.
- Competitive Compensation: Enjoy a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
What's on Offer:
As well as the opportunity to work with a fantastic team, the position comes with:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Personal Pension Plan
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Recruitment Referral Incentive Scheme
- Parking Onsite
Gordon Murray Group is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, race, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We strive to promote a workplace that celebrates diversity and encourages individuals to express their opinions and beliefs.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you require any reasonable adjustments to assist with your application.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
This vacancy is being advertised by Optamor Limited. Optamor is a specialist Recruitment Process Outsourcing provider. We provide a flexible full recruitment solution which takes care of all recruitment requirements from planning to on-boarding. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
RailStaff Awards: Adam’s on track!
The tenth anniversary RailStaff Awards took place this week. This event provides the chance to publicly thank the people who keep Britain’s railways going, the station staff, engineers, drivers –…
How to Answer Salary Questions in an Interview
We get it, it's an awkward one, isn't it? You're trying to show the interviewer you're the right person for the job, but it can be difficult to gauge what…
How to: Phone Interviews
The job market is more competitive than ever. And, in a world where employers simply don’t have time to know candidates before the shortlist phase, phone interviews are becoming increasingly…