ARM is currently working with a market-leading engineering consultancy who are looking for Systems Engineering Consultants to join their team.
Working with their key Clients within the Defence industry, this is a Hybrid opportunity with occasional travel to offices that are based across the UK as well as customer sites.
This really is a great opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join an industry-leading consultancy with great opportunity for career progression and industry-leading benefits.
As a Systems Engineering Consultant, you will be responsible for:
* Support our activities in Strategic Obsolescence Management primarily for the Defence sector.
* As an engineering consultant you will conduct systems analysis to assess platform obsolescence risk, prioritise mitigation activities and estimate the cost and schedule for design changes to produce long-term plans for effective revisions to complex system designs.
* You will also support designers to minimise the opportunity for obsolescence risks to occur and increase the systems' sustainability and resilience.
* You will also have the opportunity to provide technical leadership to the delivery of obsolescence management tasks, support the development of strategies, processes, and good practices, and work with customers to understand their needs, and to tailor services to deliver real value to them.
What you'll need to do the role:
* You will have System Engineering experience coupled with an ability to approach whole system problems using architectural hierarchy as a structured way to partition systems for analysis.
* You will also understand a broad range of technical topics and be able to intelligently elicit information from subject matter experts and stakeholders.
* You will be self-motivated and have a natural ability to invite trust from clients to draw out their true needs and aspirations.
* You will also have the skills to support the implementation of strategies and good practices at a project or Enterprise level that challenges how things are done and entrenched cultural attitudes.
* You will have a fundamental understanding of what makes an organisation tick.
* For a senior role you will have had exposure to clients operating with financial constraints, procurement strategies, and engineering design practices and life cycles including change management, inventory and configuration management, and process tailoring, within a defence environment.
Due to the nature of the sector, this role requires candidates to be able to gain a full UK SC Clearance.
If you are interested in the role; please submit your application to Jason Parish via this vacancy.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
It’s their way, or the highway
Underpinning our approach to recruitment is the building of strong relationships with candidates. And each candidate has their way of approaching the job hunt. As recruiters, we want to make…
They grow up so fast
It is astounding how quickly children grow up. Defined by paths taken and paths ignored, impacted by chance; they're rarely what you imagined. It's the same with companies. Happy Anniversary!…
Close Contract (Contract Recruitment)
The UK is one of the three most successful countries for contract recruitment. According to OnRec, an astonishing 86% of British recruitment industry turnover in 2019 is covered by contract…