This role is an engineer designer-level role and an exciting opportunity to join the structures team on the iStream frame. You will have the chance to work on various projects from their programs. The Structures engineer will be expected to work with the structures design team and form the core of the design group. The role will be the design of iStream structural elements that make up the whole frame. You will be required to design the various parts that make up an iFrame which could be metallic or composite elements.
You will require a good knowledge and understanding of structural bodies, load paths, and joining for low to high-volume production
The applicant should have a good knowledge and understanding of the following:
* The structures engineer must have a minimum of 2 years designing in the automotive or motorsports industry. Other industries will be considered depending on the applicant.
* Have a higher engineering degree, automotive, aeronautical or HND level of education.
* At least 2 years using Catia V5 and preferably 3DX and be able to create drawings to standards BS8888 and or ASME Y14.
* Be able to create assembly drawings as well as detail drawings.
* Have a good eye for detail and the ability to work at the highest level of engineering and take full responsibility for your output.
* Continually seek improvement and keep up to date with new and future technologies.
* Be able to solid model and surface to a high standard using Catia V5.
* Be able to work with minimal supervision to deliver on time your area of design and work with the senior and lead engineers to design lightweight and stiffest structures to targets that are set.
* Experience and knowledge of sand, gravity and die castings, extrusions, and sheet metal pressings would be beneficial
* A knowledge of composites would be an asset.
* Knowledge of welding, bonding, and joining techniques such as FDS (Flow Drive Screws) and SPR (Self Piercing Rivets).
* Have a good lateral thinking approach to problem-solving and design.
* Be fully trained in Geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing.
* Be able to carry out basic structural calculations by hand and or the use of Catia FEA.
* Have a thorough understanding of materials, heat treatments, and surface treatments.
* A good understanding of the use of anti-corrosion coatings and choice of materials.
* Knowledge of crash requirements for world cars would be ideal but not a direct requirement.
What's on Offer:
As well as the opportunity to work with a fantastic team, the position comes with:
* Competitive base salary
* Private medical scheme
* Life assurance
* Enhanced personal pension
* Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
* Cycle to work scheme
* On-site parking
The company strives to promote a workplace that celebrates diversity and encourages individuals to express their opinions and beliefs.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you require any reasonable adjustments to assist with your application.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
What to expect from a recruitment open day
Hands up who’s applied for a job only to find that the first stage is attending a recruitment open day? Then comes the panic, the questions: ‘What is an open…
As a recruiter, I spend a large amount of time giving interview tips to candidates and taking feedback from employers and job hunters on how they performed at interview. But…
It’s their way, or the highway
Underpinning our approach to recruitment is the building of strong relationships with candidates. And each candidate has their way of approaching the job hunt. As recruiters, we want to make…