LocationLeamington Spa, Warwickshire
Salary£56000 - £70000 per annum
I am recruiting for a Senior Engineer - Structural Analysis (Crash) to join a leading automotive brand.
- You will drive the vehicle crashworthiness design using CAE, considering applicable Safety Requirements (FMVSS/ECE/NCAP etc)
- Perform CAE simulations to evaluate and enhance full vehicle crashworthiness performance in conjunction with occupant safety.
- Develop and apply advanced safety/crash methodologies and analysis techniques.
- Support subsystem level & full vehicle crash tests in line with standard protocols.
- Perform post-crash test analysis and correlate CAE to test results
- Develop failure models of materials to enable good correlations with physical tests.
- Use optimization tools to improve designs.
- Produce concise report and summaries
- Liaise with the design, development, project management, commercial, prototype and production manufacturing teams, technical partners and suppliers to ensure the designs meet the requirements for timing, performance, manufacturability and cost.
- Support R&D activities and the development of tools and techniques to improve the accuracy and efficiency of the analysis department.
- Guide and supervise CAE engineers to deliver good quality work.
Qualifications and experience:
It is anticipated that you will be an engineer with at least 5 years experience in the automotive industry. You should have an engineering degree and experience working within a team environment.
- Demonstrable experience of using FEA techniques to predict structural crash-worthiness of vehicles
- Hand calculations to support design.
- A solid understanding of whole vehicle design and a sound knowledge of structures, sub-systems and dynamics of vehicles
- Knowledge of crash safety legislation and consumer test requirements
- Experience of analysing test data and correlation to CAE results
- Ability to develop FEA data cards for metal and composite materials
- Experience of full product life-cycle activities and ability to achieve cost, weight and technical targets within specified timescales
- Clear and effective communication skills with internal and external clients
As the role will involve interaction with our technical partners, suppliers and clients it is expected that the candidate will be happy to travel both in the UK and Overseas
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
A New Industrial Age for Automotive?
Despite a modest drop in 2017, the automotive industry is enjoying a period of sustained buoyancy in the UK, (latest figures reveal it turned over £77.5bn in 2016). It’s also…
First or last job interview – which is better?
When an invitation for a job interview comes through, many candidates often struggle to pick a day, time and position, if they are given the choice. And those that are…
The road ahead: An Infographic
The automotive industry is going through a massive transformation, from self-driving cars to EVs and the Uber effect on car ownership- just look at our infographic! For some, the car…