Senior Engineer - Structural Analysis (Crash)
Job Reference No: ID 601
Gordon Murray Technologies combines the expertise of visionary designers and engineers to bring disruptive technologies and low environmental impact innovations to the mobility sector. Critical to the implementation of iStream Superlight are integral modules and systems engineered to deliver a range of electrical functionalities - these technologies also being scaleable to serve the delivery demands of any specific platform configuration.
With multiple sites in Shalford and Warwick, the Gordon Murray Technologies continues to grow with multiple vehicle programmes currently in development. As a result, we currently have exciting opportunities for a Senior Engineer - Structural Analysis (Crash) to join our Attributes Team in our Midlands offices.
- You will drive the vehicle crashworthiness design using CAE, considering applicable Safety Requirements (FMVSS/ECE/NCAP etc)
- Perform CAE simulations to evaluate and enhance full vehicle crashworthiness performance in conjunction with occupant safety
- Develop and apply advanced safety/crash methodologies and analysis techniques.
- Support subsystem level & full vehicle crash tests in line with standard protocols.
- Perform post-crash test analysis and correlate CAE to test results
- Develop failure models of materials to enable good correlations with physical tests.
- Use optimization tools to improve designs.
- Produce concise report and summaries
- Liaise with the design, development, project management, commercial, prototype and production manufacturing teams, technical partners and suppliers to ensure the designs meet the requirements for timing, performance, manufacturability and cost.
- Support R&D activities and the development of tools and techniques to improve the accuracy and efficiency of the analysis department.
- Guide and supervise CAE engineers to deliver good quality work.
Qualifications and experience:
It is anticipated that you will be an engineer with at least 5 years experience in the automotive industry. You should have an engineering degree and experience working within a team environment.
The following attributes are essential for this role;
- Demonstrable experience of using FEA techniques to predict structural crashworthiness of vehicles
- Hand calculations to support design.
- A solid understanding of whole vehicle design and a sound knowledge of structures, sub-systems and dynamics of vehicles
- Knowledge of crash safety legislation and consumer test requirements
- Experience of analysing test data and correlation to CAE results
- Ability to develop FEA data cards for metal and composite materials
- Experience of full product life-cycle activities and ability to achieve cost, weight and technical targets within specified timescales
- Clear and effective communication skills with internal and external clients
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartered status desirable
As the role will involve interaction with our technical partners, suppliers and clients it is expected that the candidate will be happy to travel both in the UK and Overseas
What's on Offer:
As well as the opportunity to work with a fantastic team, the position comes with:
- Competitive base salary
- Private medical scheme
- Life assurance
- Enhanced personal pension
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site parking
Gordon Murray Technologies is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, race, marital status, genetic information or parental status.
We strive to promote a workplace that celebrates diversity and encourages individuals to express their opinions and beliefs.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you require any reasonable adjustments to assist with your application.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
This vacancy is being advertised by Optamor Limited. Optamor is a specialist Recruitment Process Outsourcing provider. We provide a flexible full recruitment solution which takes care of all recruitment requirements from planning to on-boarding. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
Great candidate, great role
Job hunting is no quick and easy task. It takes a great amount of time and effort to create an application which might get you to the next stage in…
National Apprenticeship Week 2023: A Catch Up with Erin
It's National Apprenticeship Week and we have caught up with one of our successful apprentices... Junior Account Consultant, Erin Holland. So Erin, what was your Apprenticeship in? Erin: I did…
Delivery Manager vs Project Manager
A career as a delivery manager and a project manager involves leadership and management. While both roles help businesses to improve business productivity, there are several differences between a delivery…