LocationRyde, Isle of Wight
Salary£30 - £35 per hour
Our client is looking for a Repair Engineer to join their team at their facility on the Isle of Wight.
Duties include but not be limited to:
* Fault find, test, and repair Defence/Aerospace power supply units down to the component level.
* Investigate and identify faults using test equipment and processes.
* Document all fault-finding and repair procedures ensuring robust traceability.
* Work autonomously from the repairs monthly plan.
* Liaise with test and production departments to ensure effective use of equipment in line with repair and production targets.
* Work collaboratively with engineering and test departments to ensure corrective actions are carried out within target dates.
Ideally, you will have:
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience of electronic fault finding down to component level.
* Detailed knowledge of power supplies such as AC/DC Switch mode PSU, power factor correction, communications I/F (SPI, CAN, etc.), and environmental testing (Temp/Vibration).
* Proficient use of fault-finding equipment such as Single/3 Phase supplies, DC sources, multimeters, oscilloscopes, and function generators.
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience in reading/interpreting engineering drawings, PCB layouts, and schematics.
* Good level of computer literacy in testing software, MS Office - Excel/Outlook, etc.
* Knowledge of Multi-Phase Converters and Resonant Converters will be advantageous.
Working hours are 8:00 AM - 4:45 PM Monday to Thursday and 8:00 AM - 12:30 PM on Friday.
The role is a contract role for a period of 6 months with a possibility for an extension.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission. Where the role is marked as Outside IR35 in the advertisement this is subject to receipt of a final Status Determination Statement from the end Client and may be subject to change.
Email me jobs like this
Write a Successful Job Application Form
In today’s competitive job market, it’s more important than ever before that you take the time to complete a stand-out job application form that will allow you to secure your…
Girlboss: Female Leadership at ARM
Since today is International Women’s Day, we figured we’d use it properly. Let's celebrate the impact female leadership makes to our business. Whilst we could tell you ourselves just why…
Candidate-Recruiter Relationship = Everything
The candidate-recruiter relationship is what underpins the entire recruitment process. “Recruitment is emotional,” says Randy Moore, from his study near New York. He’s not wrong; we’ve all been through it.…