Propulsion Test Technician
Permanent - £Competitive - Northampton
* Comply with health and safety processes set out by the company
* Fit instrumentation to propulsion systems such as engines, batteries, and electric motors
* Rig these systems to either dynameters, battery test chambers, or other test rigs.
* Support engineers with the commissioning of the device under test (DUT)
* Running the test facility to measure DUT parameters and optimise control settings as necessary.
* Have a good understanding of electronic control systems.
* BTEC Level 3 or equivalent apprenticeship in a relevant engineering discipline is advantageous.
* Extensive experience of propulsion testing.
* Diagnostic skills with engine ECU and battery BMS systems
* Experience of control systems AVL PUMA, CP CADETT or national instruments.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
Need-to-Know: Cyber security and Brexit
Now business owners have another cyber concern to contend with: Brexit. Amid all the political uncertainty, it’s hard to know what the impacts will be. When it comes to cyber…
Leadership with Leon
Whilst climbing the Gran Paradiso for charity recently, I got the chance to think more deeply about what leadership actually means to me. Nothing makes you think more than when…
Mental health in Maritime & COVID-19
Employees of the maritime sector are arguably more vulnerable than most, even outside of a global mental health crisis. A 2019 study found that, while it’s “difficult to establish the…