About the role
A market leading public safety client of ours is in the market for a Project Manager to join a growing business unit within their UK team. In the role you will have overall responsibility for the success of your project(s), managing & coordinating resources to deliver within defined timescales budget and quality. You will work closely with both their customers, and also the UK team & the wider Public Safety Business Unit based at their Head Quarters in Austria. Your primary role will be the successful delivery of your specific project(s), but also supporting wider Public Safety projects and bids in the UK as necessary.
The role is home based, with an expectation of regular attendance to customer sites, with travel to both their UK office and their HQ in Austria.
Your Main Responsibilities
* Overall responsibility for the project (s) - commercial, technical, quality & customer satisfaction.
* Planning of and ongoing management of costs, milestones, quality gates & resources
* Identifying, analysing and tracking any risks/ deviations including claim and change management, and developing relevant mitigation plans including escalation where required
* Proactive & timely communication with relevant stakeholders - both internally (UK & Vienna) & externally
* Ensuring meeting/ following all company Project guidelines and processes, including KPI monitoring within their PM tool
* Regular reporting of project (s) status to meet both internal and external guidelines & requirements
* Proven Project Manager (APM/Prince 2) with knowledge manging projects from the BID process through to delivery using a variety of Project Management tools & processes.
* Experience in and understanding of change management methodologies
* Experience supporting both BID & Business Development teams.
* Delivery of Project risk, risk Registers using standard risk assessment methodology
* Understanding of blue light organisations - beneficial
* Understanding of the ATM (Air Traffic Management) environment - beneficial
* Thrive on collaboration and are happy working as part of a team or independently.
* Proactive and able to balance competing priorities.
* Customer & Service focussed.
* Solutions focussed in how you think and act
* Goal orientated - delivery of milestones / budgets etc.
* Passionate about personal learning & development
* Able to travel - both within UK and to Austrian HQ
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
In the Know: Automotive Insights
Looking for automotive insights? You've come to the right place. The automotive industry is developing at a frighteningly exhilarating pace. Advanced technologies and changes in the way we move both…
Utilising contractors: 9 reasons why
We are all living in a time of unease and uncertainty. Normality seems a long way away. Yet, change isn't always a bad thing. Especially when it comes to switching…
Heather Cracknell, CPO – 10 years, and more.
From Senior HR Business Partner to Chief People Officer... I always think that a milestone anniversary makes you think not just of the future but the journey you have been…