Salary£50000 - £65500.00 per annum + Company Benefits
Product Safety Engineer
Hampshire - Travel involved (If wanted)
*** Due to the nature of the role, you will be required to achieve UK SC Clearance ***
As a Product Safety Engineer, you will not only collaborate with world-leading experts across the company but build an impressive network within organisations like the Ministry of Defence and TDW.
Your work will make a difference in the world as you support the assurance cases of all in-service variants of both our Heavyweight and Lightweight torpedoes. In addition to assuring the torpedoes, you may also lead on the assurance of the test and support equipment used during the development, servicing, and maintenance of the weapons.
What you'll be doing:
- Being seen as the main focal point for the Product Safety Assurance of the Torpedo during its life in-service. Providing credible advice and guidance to the wider business and external stakeholders, notably our MOD customer
- Ensuring that safety considerations are an integral part of the design process and take cognisance of the whole product lifecycle
- Maintaining and managing the implementation of the Project Safety Management System for the Spearfish Heavyweight Torpedo in Service. Evolving it where appropriate to ensure that product safety can be managed in a cost-effective manner
- Being capable of resolving a range of Product Safety engineering issues and problems, compiling technical reports, and accompanying presentations
- Cultivating the safety arguments for the Heavyweight Torpedo, employing all required facets of the product safety lifecycle
- Ensuring that the standards of Product Safety defined by statutory, business and customer requirements are observed in the Heavyweight Torpedo
- Leading and developing a team of Product Safety Engineers, some of them Senior Engineers
Your skills and experiences:
- Hold acknowledged competency in the specialised field of Product Safety Engineering, with a demonstrable and successful track record of delivering a Product Safety Management System (PSMS) within a complex system environment
- Hold significant/relevant knowledge of applicable legislation and standards (e.g., HASAWA, COSHH, REACh, BS EN 61508, Def Stan 00-056, Def Stan 00-055 etc.)
- Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering/Systems/Safety discipline, Hold CEng, or equivalent experience to be able to achieve it, in the short-term
- Be a recognised member of a relevant industry wide body, e.g., SCSC, SaRS, IET, IMechE etc
- Ship Safety and Environmental Management Training (SEMT) qualification is desirable, but not essential. Support to achieve this qualification can be offered in role.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
HS2: Not all bad?
The government has revealed its plans for the preferred route of phase 2 of HS2, and it opens up tremendous opportunities for jobs at HS2. The high-speed rail line's second…
Bits, Bytes & Cyber Recruitment
Demand for cyber security talent (and therefore cyber recruitment) has exploded in recent years. According to Burning Glass, the number of cyber security jobs has grown 94 per cent in just…
Applying for Jobs During Christmas
Is Christmas a Good Time to Apply for Another Job? During the festive period, it is definitely more noticeable that there are not as many people around the office. A…