Panel Bonding Technician
Job Reference Number: ID 693
Gordon Murray Group is a world-leading automotive design company. We have gained a global reputation as a pioneer of lightweight and efficient vehicles, taking a highly innovative approach to all aspects of vehicle design, development and production.
The Panel Bonding Technician will be responsible for the continuous development of new and established procedures, centered around the joining of composite panels to vehicle structures. In this role you will perform a diverse range of activities involving fabrication, assembly, inspection, and testing. The applicant will also assist in the creation of reports and data collection. You will work in a team but must also be self-motivated to achieve high standards whilst maintaining safety and timing targets.
- You will report to the Chief Engineer Manufacturing
- Assemble automotive parts and systems using hand and power tools, jigs, fixtures, and other equipment according to new and established procedures and specifications.
- Work with a range of structural adhesives and multi-material components.
- Perform functional and quality checks on assembled parts and systems to ensure they meet specified requirements
- Ensure that work area is clean, organised and always provisioned.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to improve processes by reducing waste, increasing efficiency and improving quality.
- Follow all safety procedures and guidelines to ensure a safe working environment
- Communicate effectively with other team members, supervisors, and managers to achieve goals.
- Maintain accurate records of work performed, materials used, and time spent on each task
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, and specifications is essential.
- At least 2 years of experience in either; automotive manufacturing; high-volume manufacturing environment; or related field
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Experience with advanced composites, such as carbon fibre reinforced plastics, and/or adhesives is essential.
- Familiarity with hand and power tools, jigs, fixtures, and other equipment used in manufacturing.
- Secondary education certificate or equivalent is essential; intermediate apprenticeship or technical certification in automotive technology or a related field, preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and guidelines related to manufacturing.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and quality control
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and perform repetitive tasks
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects (up to 20 kgs)
- Ability to work in a noisy environment with exposure to dust, fumes, and other manufacturing-related hazards.
What's on Offer:
As well as the opportunity to work with a fantastic team, the position comes with:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Holiday Loyalty Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Personal Pension Plan
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Recruitment Referral Incentive Scheme
- Parking Onsite
Gordon Murray Group is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, race, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We strive to promote a workplace that celebrates diversity and encourages individuals to express their opinions and beliefs.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you require any reasonable adjustments to assist with your application.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
This vacancy is being advertised by Optamor Limited. Optamor is a specialist Recruitment Process Outsourcing provider. We provide a flexible full recruitment solution which takes care of all recruitment requirements from planning to on-boarding. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
Winning the War for Talent
Rebuilding the workforce post-pandemic is high up on the agenda. But the war for talent is throwing a huge spanner in the works. Halting possible growth into new markets, limiting…
What to expect when employees are expecting
In the workplace for the first time, four generations can be found working side-by-side. And they all expect different things from the companies they work for. The newest generations are…
Making moves; Job moves
Salary is always one of the first things on a job advert, but is that really the motivator for making a move when it comes to your job? We are…