Salary£45 - £60 per hour
- Royal Devonport Dockyard, Plymouth
- Hybrid 2 days in the office every 10 days
- Inside IR35
- Up to £60 P/H
About the Role:
The Energy Division at ARM is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join the Defuel team at HMNB Devonport, Plymouth.
Some of your Duties will include.
- Designing new & modified systems from initial brief to entry into service.
- Backing up designs with documented arguments and analysis.
- Surveying & consulting on the condition and operation of existing systems.
- Ensuring that design records are kept up to date and accurately reflect the equipment in service.
- Ensuring that systems meet exacting standards, legislation, and nuclear site license conditions throughout their life.
- Sharing technical knowledge with other disciplines to ensure holistic design.
- Providing technical review and guidance to design subcontractors.
- Delivering work to agreed budgets & timescales.
- The role provides hybrid working arrangements with 2 days per fortnight working onsite and 8 days working at home.
What do you need to succeed?
- A minimum of a Higher National Certificate in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of mechanical services, including any of the following or similar:
o Pumped/pipework systems.
o Steam & condensate.
o Industrial gases.
o Domestic water services and drainage.
o Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC).
o Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV)
o Experience in a design process from start to finish.
o Experience in documenting engineering arguments & analysis.
o Knowledge of the general regulations, legislation, and standards that are applicable to mechanical services system design.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply via the link or contact us at , and we will let you know if you have been
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission. Where the role is marked as Outside IR35 in the advertisement this is subject to receipt of a final Status Determination Statement from the end Client and may be subject to change.
Email me jobs like this
Applying for Jobs During Christmas
Is Christmas a Good Time to Apply for Another Job? During the festive period, it is definitely more noticeable that there are not as many people around the office. A…
Contract or Perm
We asked our LinkedIn followers for their advice regarding both contract and permanent work. Here’s what they said: 1. Test the water Brendan Meyler: “Why not try a few short…
Great candidate, great role
Job hunting is no quick and easy task. It takes a great amount of time and effort to create an application which might get you to the next stage in…