About The Role
Logistics & Stores Operator - Automotive
(Job Reference No: ID755)
Gordon Murray Automotive is a UK-based global luxury brand dedicated to creating and manufacturing the world's greatest driving cars. These ultra-exclusive cars are engineered and designed without compromise to provide unrivalled driving experiences and driver-centric connection.
With multiple sites in Shalford, Dunfold, Warwick, and a new purpose-built HQ on its way in Windlesham, the Gordon Murray Automotive continues to grow with multiple vehicle programmes currently in development. As a result, we currently have exciting opportunities for a Logistics & Stores Operator to join our Team based in Dunsfold.
Logistics & Store Operators within GMA are responsible for internal logistics and store management on a daily basis to produce high-quality vehicles across all models undertaken by Gordon Murray Automotive.
In this role, you will become part of the team to ramp-up of assembly production at a low-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation and help us start up our brand-new manufacturing plant.
- Establishing strong team member relations, at all levels with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Regular and accurate stock counts including any required adjustments on the Stock Management system
- Accurate booking and management of components in the stores using the Stock Management system
- Picking and booking of stock parts to support production and customer service part requirements
- Goods inwards receipt and accurate booking in of deliveries/stocks to the facility when required
- Regular management of transit stock shelf
- Picking, preparation and packaging of service components for international air or sea shipment
- Housekeeping of the store area to maintain a clean environment
- Be available to work OT, shutdowns, and travel as needed
- Working together with members to continuously improve/develop parts management process
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in manufacturing/engineering store environment
- Some computer literacy is required for stock booking transactions - Basics in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in low-volume automotive manufacturing is preferable
- Understanding of the different assembly processes and equipment
- Works well under pressure, and works hard to meet strict production targets
- Proficiency in cross-functional, cross-company, and cross-sectional processes
- Clear and effective communication skills with internal and external clients
- Must be a team player who can work closely with the manufacturing engineering team
- Forklift truck license (refresher training can be provided)
- Reliable timekeeping and attendance
What's on Offer:
As well as the opportunity to work with a fantastic team, the position comes with:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Holiday Loyalty Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Personal Pension Plan
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Recruitment Referral Incentive Scheme
- Parking Onsite
Gordon Murray Automotive is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, race, marital status, genetic information, or parental status.
We strive to promote a workplace that celebrates diversity and encourages individuals to express their opinions and beliefs.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you require any reasonable adjustments to assist with your application.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
Gordon Murray Automotive creates exclusive low-volume sports cars - the T.50 supercar will be the brand's first model with customer cars delivered in 2022, with the T.50s track car and T.33 supercar to follow thereafter.
The company is a sister company to Gordon Murray Design and was first announced in November 2017 during an exhibition, named 'One Formula', which celebrated Murray's 50 years of car design.
This vacancy is being advertised by Optamor Limited. Optamor is a specialist Recruitment Process Outsourcing provider. We provide a flexible full recruitment solution which takes care of all recruitment requirements from planning to on-boarding. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
Recruiter Myths: Things You Need to Know
As a job seeker, you may be wondering what the deal is with recruiters. Are they trustworthy? Are they worth using? Why have I heard such bad things? As a…
MTV Cribs: ARM’s new office
ARM, Optamor and Serocor have been based in our new office at Shore House for a couple of months now. Things have settled down. The move was hugely significant for…
Questions to Ask in an Interview
In this blog, we'll discuss some questions you can ask during an interview to gain insight into the company culture, the role, and the company's goals. Asking the right questions…