IT Support & Services Lead
Job Reference No: ID 772
Gordon Murray Group is a world-leading automotive design company; we have gained a global reputation as a pioneer of lightweight and efficient vehicles, taking a highly innovative approach to all aspects of vehicle design, development and production.
With multiple sites in Shalford, Dunsfold, Warwick and a new purpose-built HQ on its way in Windlesham, the Gordon Murray Group continues to grow with multiple vehicle programmes currently in development. As a result, we currently have exciting opportunities for a IT Support & Services Lead to join our Facilities Team based in Shalford.
Reporting to the Head of IT, the IT Support & Service Lead is responsible for the Service Continuity & Performance of the GM Technology solutions and is accountable to help ensure Service Management that operates as a single, efficient, and effective function, providing Service Transition, Performance, Change, Continuity and Restoration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring that the level of service availability delivered across all IT Services matches or exceeds the current and future agreed needs of the business.
- Ensure operational excellence & delivery of each service component to agreed operating levels including the management of vendor services.
- Accountable for delivery and quality of all IT Support & Service Management services that cut across Service Delivery and are consumed by central technology including Application Management and Infrastructure Management.
- Owner of the ITSM tool within the Business
- Provide repeatable and predictable IT Helpdesk Service based outcomes within clearly defined processes that underpin Service Delivery.
- Ensures conformance to common service management processes to control Service cost, quality and stability across all Service Delivery functions.
- Accountable for all Service Improvement Plans to correct performance across the Service Delivery function.
- Accountable for end-to-end Service Provision and Continuity related to all Incidents, Problems and Service Requests, across all Services and all sites.
- Delivers high performance and quality Service Management.
- Accountable for all Service Management processes, their governance, design, operational effectiveness, and the tools that underpin them.
- Accountable for the governance of all Service Management Reporting, both externally to IT customers, Leadership Team and internally to operational Service Delivery team.
- Leads the small IT Support (Helpdesk) Team, which will require an element of hands on support to the GM Group businesses.
Key areas of focus will be
- Assuring the performance & cost of Service Management.
- Act as a first point of escalation for Service Management vendors and Tools.
- Assess the impact of all changes on the availability plan across services and other service domains and implement proactive measures to ensure targets are met.
- Ensure that infrastructure and application operate consistent service management in an integrated way to ensure 'central' IT services are delivered effectively to all business units.
Experience & Qualifications
- Leadership experience, leading service management (IT Support/Helpdesk) teams.
- Held business facing, customer service management roles with accountability for significant service portfolio's, budget, risk and relationship management.
- Strong knowledge of IT service management / service control processes and methodologies, e.g. ITIL.
- Comprehensive understanding of the key ITIL processes used by the business including incident management, request fulfilment, change and release management.
- Experience designing ITSM dashboard reporting for use across the supported businesses.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of IT technology areas (within projects and operations)
- Experience in reporting and the creation of management information (MI) reporting.
- Configuration experience of ITSM tools including Service Now or Sysaid
- Experience of Automotive or Manufacturing organisations
- Team Leader with strong leadership attributes (demonstrable).
- Business knowledge and process design skills.
- Must be able to work independently as well as a team player and can manage own workload.
- Able to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- ITIL (Service Management Certificate).
What's on Offer
As well as the opportunity to work with a fantastic team, the position comes with:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Holiday Loyalty Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Personal Pension Plan
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Recruitment Referral Incentive Scheme
- Parking Onsite
Gordon Murray Group is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, race, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We strive to promote a workplace that celebrates diversity and encourages individuals to express their opinions and beliefs.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you require any reasonable adjustments to assist with your application.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
This vacancy is being advertised by Optamor Limited. Optamor is a specialist Recruitment Process Outsourcing provider. We provide a flexible full recruitment solution which takes care of all recruitment requirements from planning to on-boarding. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
The Return to ARM…
Before we jump into the good stuff, first of all, what is it you do here? “I’m an Account Consultant in the rail sector, so my day-to-day is spent servicing…
Above and Beyond : Trusted Service Award
We’ve won the Feefo Platinum Trusted Service Award 2020! Followers of our social profiles will know that we obtain feedback from all of our candidates. Why? To ensure that we…
RailStaff Awards: Adam’s on track!
The tenth anniversary RailStaff Awards took place this week. This event provides the chance to publicly thank the people who keep Britain’s railways going, the station staff, engineers, drivers –…