Job Title: IT Project Manager - Automotive Industry
Job Reference Number: ID 750
Location: Shalford - Surrey
Gordon Murray Group is a leading player in the automotive industry, dedicated to innovation, cutting-edge technology, and excellence in delivering high-quality products. As we continue to expand our operations, we are seeking a dynamic and experienced IT Project Manager to join our team and contribute to the success of our IT projects.
We are looking for an accomplished IT Project Manager with a strong background in the automotive or defence sector. The ideal candidate will possess expertise in managing projects related to ERP, PLM and Engineering applications, ensuring successful implementation and integration of these technologies. The role involves collaborating with cross-functional teams to streamline processes, enhance efficiency, and contribute to the overall success of IT initiatives within the organization.
- Project Planning and Execution:
- Develop and execute comprehensive project plans for IT initiatives, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and timelines.
- Coordinate project resources, tasks, and timelines to meet project objectives.
- Implement project management best practices and methodologies.
- Ensure that change is managed in accordance with agreed standards, methods and procedures
- Technology Expertise:
- Possess in-depth knowledge and experience of business applications such as IFS (ERP), 3DX (PLM), or CATIA (CAD), and related technologies within the automotive industry.
- Provide guidance on the selection, implementation, and integration of these technologies to optimize business processes.
- Experience of Project management tools
- Have demonstratable knowledge of ERP best practices and associated business process flows (Order to Cash/Procure to Pay/Concept to Product/Demand to Supply) within a Manufacturing, Automotive, Defence or Aerospace focused business.
- Stakeholder Collaboration:
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to define project requirements, objectives, and deliverables.
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical teams, ensuring a common understanding of project goals.
- Work with the Quality and business system teams to ensure a standardised approach to project delivery and associated documentation.
- Facilitate project workshops
- Effectively engage and manage vendors and third parties
- Report project status, updates, risks and milestone achievements to the IT Applications Manager and senior leadership team
- Risk Management:
- Identify and mitigate project risks, ensuring proactive measures are in place to address potential challenges.
- Monitor project progress and adjust plans as necessary to ensure successful project completion.
- Quality Assurance:
- Implement quality assurance processes to ensure the delivery of high-quality IT solutions.
- Conduct regular reviews and assessments to guarantee compliance with industry standards.
- Proven experience as an IT Project Manager within the automotive industry.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with IFS/3DX/CATIA is essential.
- Strong project management skills with a track record of successful project delivery.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with industry regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Relevant certifications (e.g., PMP, PRINCE2) would be advantageous.
What's on Offer:
As well as the opportunity to work with a fantastic team, the position comes with:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Holiday Loyalty Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Personal Pension Plan
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Recruitment Referral Incentive Scheme
- Parking Onsite
Gordon Murray Group is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, race, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We strive to promote a workplace that celebrates diversity and encourages individuals to express their opinions and beliefs.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you require any reasonable adjustments to assist with your application.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
This vacancy is being advertised by Optamor Limited. Optamor is a specialist Recruitment Process Outsourcing provider. We provide a flexible full recruitment solution which takes care of all recruitment requirements from planning to on-boarding. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
MTV Cribs: ARM’s new office
ARM, Optamor and Serocor have been based in our new office at Shore House for a couple of months now. Things have settled down. The move was hugely significant for…
Why Choose Project Management?
A career in project management provides a whole host of exciting opportunities to progress further, take on new challenges, and explore new projects that will allow you to develop new…
A hattrick of returners…
Hey Liam! Could you start by telling us a bit about what you do? "I am a Sales Manager for the Structural Steelwork industry and I have specialisms in Civil…