Your role & responsibilities:
- Specify instrumentation equipment to achieve required measurement accuracy.
- Specify and implement control systems for rigs including PLC programming.
- Design and build electrical systems for test rigs and safety systems.
- Support the specification of electrical systems in new facilities.
- Support resolution of instrumentation/electrical issues affecting the effective running of engine dyno, rigs, battery testing and vehicle testing facilities.
- Supervision, as required, of technicians when required.
- Implement new electrical infrastructure in conjunction with MPT Facilities department to support installation of new testing equipment.
- To monitor the effectiveness of current equipment and ensure internal/external maintenance programs are in place
Your skills & strengths:
- 18th Edition BS7671 qualified
- Extensive experience of complex electrical and instrumentation systems. ideally within an engine development environment, using dynamometer test beds and test rigs
- Experience with electric drives and controllers desirable
- Knowledge of I/O protocols such as CANBus and ModBus desirable
- Good problem solving skills are essential
- High +300VDC electrical experience an advantage
- The ability to approach new technical challenges with an open mind
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
2021 wrapped up…
We can all agree that 2021 has allowed us to test our agility in times of uncertainty. Our business had to prioritise safety, introducing hybrid working. Then we faced up…
IWD 2021: Lockdown Ladies
Go back to International Women’s Day on 8 March 2020. To think that we’d be using words like "lockdown," "home-schooling" and "furlough" would be unthinkable - for a few more…
7 Signs it’s Time to get a New Job
Many of us have a love-hate relationship with our job. Or with our employer. However, there comes a time when you need to move on; in some cases, you might…