Gordon Murray Technologies is a world-leading automotive design company; we have gained a global reputation as a pioneer of lightweight and efficient vehicles, taking a highly innovative approach to all aspects of vehicle design, development and production.
With multiple sites in Shalford, Dunsfold, Warwick and a new purpose-built HQ on its way in Windlesham, the Gordon Murray Group continues to grow with multiple vehicle programmes currently in development. As a result, we currently have exciting opportunities for Engineer - Structures to join our Body Structures Team based in Shalford.
This role is an engineer designer level role and an exciting opportunity to join Gordon Murray Technologies structures team on the iStream frame. You will have the chance to work on various projects from our programs. The Structures engineer will be expected to work with the structures design team and form the core of the design group. The role will be the design of iStream structural elements that go to make up the whole frame. You will be required to design the various parts that make up an iFrame which could be metallic or composite elements.
You will require a good knowledge and understanding of structural bodies, load paths and joining for low to high volume production
The applicant should have a good knowledge and understanding of the following:
- The structures engineer must have a minimum of 2 years designing in the automotive or motorsports industry. Other industries will be considered depending upon the applicant.
- Have a higher engineering degree, automotive, aeronautical or HND level of education.
- At least 2 years using Catia V5 and preferably 3DX and be able to create drawings to standards BS8888 and or ASME Y14.
- Be able to create assembly drawings as well as detail drawings.
- Have a good eye for detail and the ability to work at the highest level of engineering and take full responsibility for your output.
- Continually seek improvement and keep up to date with new and future technologies.
- Be able to solid model and surface to a high standard using Catia V5.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision to deliver on time your area of design and work with the senior and lead engineers to design lightweight and stiffest structures to targets that are set.
- Experience and knowledge of sand, gravity and die castings, extrusions and sheet metal pressings would be beneficial
- A knowledge of composites would be an asset.
- Knowledge of welding, bonding, and joining techniques such as FDS (Flow Drive Screws) and SPR (Self Piercing Rivets).
- Have a good lateral thinking apoorach to problem solving and design.
- Be fully trained in Geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Be able to carry out basic structural calculations by hand and or the use of Catia FEA.
- Have a thorough understanding of materials, heat treatments and surface treatments.
- A good understanding of the use of anti-corrosion coatings and choice of materials.
- Knowledge of crash requirements for world cars would be ideal but not a direct requirement.
What's on Offer:
As well as the opportunity to work with a fantastic team, the position comes with:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Holiday Loyalty Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced Personal Pension Plan
- Car Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Pay
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Recruitment Referral Incentive Scheme
- Parking Onsite
Gordon Murray Group is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, race, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We strive to promote a workplace that celebrates diversity and encourages individuals to express their opinions and beliefs.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you require any reasonable adjustments to assist with your application.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
This vacancy is being advertised by Optamor Limited. Optamor is a specialist Recruitment Process Outsourcing provider. We provide a flexible full recruitment solution which takes care of all recruitment requirements from planning to on-boarding. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
Building your Brand: LinkedIn Lessons
3 people are hired through LinkedIn every minute. So why are you still failing to make headway? Clearly there’s an audience, so whether you’re a candidate or recruiter here are…
How to: Hire a Contractor
When hiring a contractor, compliance is one of the fastest-growing concerns for British businesses. In the near future, a raft of data protection laws and tax legislations come into force.…
Is Job Hopping damaging your career?
At some point, most of us have been told that moving from job to job without ‘sticking it out’ shows that you’re unreliable, flaky or lack resilience. As a result,…