Engineer - Structural Analysis (Crash)
Job Reference No: ID 602
Gordon Murray Technologies combines the expertise of visionary designers and engineers to bring disruptive technologies and low environmental impact innovations to the mobility sector. Critical to the implementation of iStream Superlight are integral modules and systems engineered to deliver a range of electrical functionalities - these technologies also being scaleable to serve the delivery demands of any specific platform configuration.
With multiple sites in Shalford and Warwick, the Gordon Murray Technologies continues to grow with multiple vehicle programmes currently in development. As a result, we currently have exciting opportunities for an Engineer - Structural Analysis (Crash) to join our Vehicle Attributes Team in our Midlands offices.
- Your primary responsibility will be to use Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to assess the Crashworthiness performance of vehicle structures and subsystems to help guide the design.
- The role will include build of full vehicle FE models and subsystems, loadcase derivation, analysis set-up and execution, post-processing of results to generate design recommendations.
- You are expected to liaise with the design.
- Additionally, you will support R&D activities and the development of tools and techniques to improve the accuracy and efficiency of the analysis department.
Qualifications and experience:
- It's anticipated that you will be an engineer with at least 2 years' experience in the automotive industry. You should have an engineering degree and experience working within a team environment.
- A sound knowledge of structures and safety systems desired.
The following attributes are required;
- Finite element meshing and model assembly using Hypermesh/ANSA/Primer.
- Crash simulations using LS Dyna (sub system or full vehicle). Experience with other solver such as Radioss or Pamcrash also considered.
- Detect the key structure to improve vehicle performance, consider effective countermeasures, confirm their effects and propose them to designers.
- Hand calculations to support initial design concepts.
- Clear and effective communication skills with internal and external clients
- Quick learner with good time management skills
In addition, the following attributes would be advantageous;
- Practical knowledge of Altair's Hyperworks suite of software, including Optistruct
- Practical knowledge of Oasys suite
- Experience of analysing test data and correlation to CAE results
- Ability to develop data cards for metal and composite materials
- Experience in Motorsport or Supercar programmes
What's on Offer:
As well as the opportunity to work with a fantastic team, the position comes with:
- Competitive base salary
- Private medical scheme
- Life assurance
- Enhanced personal pension
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site parking
Gordon Murray Technologies is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, race, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We strive to promote a workplace that celebrates diversity and encourages individuals to express their opinions and beliefs.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you require any reasonable adjustments to assist with your application.
All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
This vacancy is being advertised by Optamor Limited. Optamor is a specialist Recruitment Process Outsourcing provider. We provide a flexible full recruitment solution which takes care of all recruitment requirements from planning to on-boarding. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
Questions to Ask in an Interview
In this blog, we'll discuss some questions you can ask during an interview to gain insight into the company culture, the role, and the company's goals. Asking the right questions…
Flexible working: The Mum-myth!
Flexible-working. A term long regarded as a luxury afforded only to working-mums, reinforcing 'traditional' gender roles. This lack of understanding has contributed to a somewhat confusing definition of the term.…
How to: DV security clearance
Some job applications specify a grade C in Maths. Others need demonstrable evidence of a particular skill. But arguably one of the trickiest requirements is obtaining [Developed Vetting] DV security…