A leading Engineering client of ours based in Bordon are currently in the market for a Chief Engineer to join a growing business. The role you will provide and own the overall design and technical solution (incl. Equipment specifications) based on customer requirements from bid phase through the completion and delivery of the project.
* Line management of the engineering and installation team, including management of subcontractors
* Responsible for developing technical designs, including Navaids, Control Tower and Meteorological equipment specifications, Civil works requirements and plans, as well as negotiating and agreeing practical feasible solutions with the customer.
* Responsible for analysing, evaluating and documenting customer needs and requirements (including all civil works required) and gaining final customer sign off.
* Responsible for internal, technical coordination of the design through to an offer phase and handing over to the Engineering team for delivery phase.
* Provide technical engineering support to Sales/Bid teams, in relation to responding to tenders, to include assessing customer technical requirements, reviewing equipment specifications, liaison with manufacturers and relevant subcontractors in order to ensure that all technical details and requirements are included and correctly costed when bidding proposals.
* Technical and budgetary feasibility of technical solutions
* First point of contact for customer and internal stakeholder for all technical issues and inputs.
* Provide technical engineering support to the project team, specifically around equipment and subcontractors in order to ensure that all technical details and requirements are covered.
* Provide specifications and support the procurement of products and materials to support project delivery.
o Production of engineering site drawings, schematics and cable and wiring schedules for projects and sales teams o Consistent with civil engineering, drawings and schematics
Experience and interests:
* Good technical knowledge of the Airfield/Airport Ground Electronics and Aviation industry and an electrical engineering background an advantage
* Experience of successfully designing and delivering complex technical solutions in safety critical domain.
* Proven customer and stakeholder relationship management.
* Solid CAD/Visio skills essential.
* Proven team leadership experience and development of individuals.
* Knowledge and experience of ICAO, EASA and UK safety regulatory requirements essential.
* Knowledge and experience of site management and Health and Safety requirements.
* Safety Critical technical delivery experience essential.
* Telecommunications/IT/ technologies experience desirable.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
IWD 2021: Lockdown Ladies
Go back to International Women’s Day on 8 March 2020. To think that we’d be using words like "lockdown," "home-schooling" and "furlough" would be unthinkable - for a few more…
To frack or not to frack?
To frack or not to frack? That is the question. It’s widely recognised that fracking releases large deposits of shale gas. This has the potential to extend the use of…
HS2: Not all bad?
The government has revealed its plans for the preferred route of phase 2 of HS2, and it opens up tremendous opportunities for jobs at HS2. The high-speed rail line's second…