LocationManchester, Greater Manchester
Salary£40000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + Hybrid working, Discretionary bonus
Role Title Valve Engineer
Location Derby, Manchester and Warrington (Hybrid Working Possible)
We are now recruiting for the exciting role of Valve Engineer, to be involved in an industry-leading, cutting-edge project for a new type of power station.
We are Rolls-Royce SMR and we're doing something that's never been done before. We're revolutionising an industry. That's a once-in-a-career opportunity for those excited by such a challenge. This is more than just a job; this is a legacy.
As Valve Engineer, you will work within cross-functional teams and with the global supply chain to deliver product designs for components within the scope of the role. The role requires that you work to integrate all factors into the design process to define the product definition.
Within the role you will have the opportunity to be part of history the role has many pathways to explore so opportunities for leadership and professional development are in abundance.
Once you start you will help guide the team through concept design into integration with the global supply chain into a successful delivery of the design.
No such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. If you feel you meet 75% of the requirements for this role, we would love to hear from you. Considering a career move or a sector-jump, please get in touch, we welcome applications from people with transferable skills.
Key Selection Criteria
- You will knowledge in a wide range of valve types, designs, and actuators, enabling you to expertly select and integrate the perfect products for a new system design.
- Application and awareness of highly regulated industry standards and codes will play a part of your day to day. A few examples include as ASME III, ISO, DIN. Working and technical knowledge of ASME QME-1 would be the most desirable to have.
- Experience building strong relationships with suppliers and while also having expertise in selecting products that meet our needs and exceed our expectations.
- You will need an understanding of product development, experience in all stages from concept generation to manufacturing, including design evaluations, calculations, testing, and manufacture. Your knowledge and expertise will help the team to produce comprehensive reports and calculations to justify effectiveness, as well as ensuring product structural integrity through assessment methods. Understanding the importance of validation and verification processes.
- Your communication skills, in both written and verbal abilities will enabling you to effectively communicate complex technical matters to various audiences, including senior management. You will communicate thorough technical and safety case arguments, compiling compelling claims, arguments, and evidence in formal documentation you will demonstrate this to customers, suppliers and regulators
Pay and Benefits
We anticipate paying a salary of between £45k - £65k, plus:-
- Bonus - Performance related bonus of up to 12.5%
- Benefits Allowance - £2200, enabling you to create a bespoke package
- Pension - 12% employer and 6% employee contributions.
- Holidays - 28 days holiday (+ public holidays) and the ability to buy or sell up to 4 days
- Private Medical Insurance - BUPA single cover health care
- Life Assurance - 6x pensionable pay
- £250 - One-off payment for new starters for home office purchases
We are Rolls-Royce SMR
Rolls-Royce SMR is a rare employer because it blends the world-class brand of Rolls Royce with an exciting start-up that has a hugely challenging mission. We're doing work that contributes to the survival of the planet. Because of our mission, there's a pace and energy that is palpable, and our leaders draw you in with their passion, energy, and determination.
At Rolls-Royce SMR, we are committed to ensuring that our teams reflect the communities we serve and that everyone can be themselves at work. We know that diverse teams are more innovative and get better results, and that our people can thrive and be more successful in truly inclusive cultures. Join us and help shape our culture. Find out more about our inclusion pledge.
Rolls-Royce SMR is a place where everyone can grow, so whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and help shape our culture.
Apply Now - Simply click the relevant link and follow the Instructions:
We have a 2-stage interview process. Interviews can be on-line or in-person and please do let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made.
Your candidate experience is at the utmost importance to us. If you are not yet ready to apply but would like to discuss any of the above or require any reasonable adjustments (e.g. being able to apply in a different format), please contact Matthew Lee to arrange a confidential conversation with a recruitment partner who has exclusive rights to this role. 02392458024/
Our Screening Process
Due to the safety regulations within the nuclear industry, applicants will be required to participate in following additional screening:-
- Obtaining Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance
- Satisfactory completion of a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Satisfactory completion of a basic financial probity check
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
How to: Market your Company
JD, role profile, job spec, job description, wish list, role summary… Whatever you choose, they all mean the same thing, and nine times out of ten they fail to market…
Building your Brand: LinkedIn Lessons
3 people are hired through LinkedIn every minute. So why are you still failing to make headway? Clearly there’s an audience, so whether you’re a candidate or recruiter here are…
#CC300… And they’re off
Today staff from the Serocor Group tackle the #CC300 mile cycle ride to raise money for Naomi House children's hospice. At 7.30am on Wednesday 14 June, 11 challengers and 4…