Salary£60 - £70 per hour
- Royal Devonport Dockyard, Plymouth
- Onsite full time
- Inside IR35
- Negotiable Rate of Pay
About the Role:
The Energy Division at ARM is currently seeking to join the Nuclear Civil client in Plymouth. Principal Engineer - Electrical
Some of your Duties will include.
Responsible for ensuring the delivery of the electrical engineering aspects of the Buildings and Transformer Compound. Ensure systems are designed against a clear statement of compliance with defined requirements, including demonstration that the design meets relevant HSE requirements. Support the delivery of electrical engineering work packages to the required scope, quality, schedule and cost.
- Management of the electrical engineering elements of the Buildings and Transformer Compound packages, ensuring designer technical performance and making appropriate technical responses. Provide Subject Matter Expert advice for electrical engineering.
- Provide Technical design guidance and review of electrical design packages.
- Provide Technical design guidance and review integration of electrical with other design packages.
- Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule, and budget.
- Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and effectively contributing to the project's technical planning process.
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements operate and deliver through compliance with the clients Business Management System and Technical Manual
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
- Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
What do you need to succeed?
The candidate should have experience of:
- Design of high and low voltage electrical distribution systems;
- Design of control & instrumentation systems;
- Design of Communications and data systems;
- Design of electrical building services;
- Design of fire detection systems;
- Design of public address systems;
- Design of lighting systems;
- Design of lightning protection systems;
- Design of CCTV/Security systems;
- Management of sub-contractors.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply via the link, or contact us on , and we will let you know if you
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission. Where the role is marked as Outside IR35 in the advertisement this is subject to receipt of a final Status Determination Statement from the end Client and may be subject to change.
Email me jobs like this
Recruiter Myths: Things You Need to Know
As a job seeker, you may be wondering what the deal is with recruiters. Are they trustworthy? Are they worth using? Why have I heard such bad things? As a…
The Career Path less travelled: Routes into Recruitment
Cold Turkey? There is no such thing as the ‘right’ way into a career. We all take a different career path, and this bears especial weight when we consider the…
To frack or not to frack?
To frack or not to frack? That is the question. It’s widely recognised that fracking releases large deposits of shale gas. This has the potential to extend the use of…