Your Role: Underwriter / Claims Handler
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
Our client is seeking a dynamic and experienced Underwriter / Claims Handler, to join a leading provider of Professional Indemnity Insurance for Transport Professionals. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in the risk assessment and claims handling processes, contributing to the stability and growth of the insurance portfolio. Your expertise in marine and transportation will be instrumental in evaluating and underwriting complex risks, ensuring that the clients receive the highest level of service and protection.
Progression Prospects and Career Growth:
They believe in fostering talent and promoting career development. As an Underwriter / Claims Handler, you'll have the opportunity to advance within the organization. This role serves as a springboard to higher-level positions within the company, including senior underwriting roles or leadership opportunities in the expanding global network.
The work culture is built on collaboration, innovation, and a commitment to excellence. They embrace diversity and inclusion, offering a supportive environment that encourages continuous learning and professional growth. As part of the team, you'll be empowered to take ownership of your responsibilities and make a meaningful impact in the insurance industry.
As an Underwriter / Claims Handler, your primary responsibilities will include:
1. Assessing and underwriting new and renewal business, including complex transportation risks.
2. Conducting thorough risk analysis, policy documentation, and pricing.
3. Managing the end-to-end claims process, including investigation, negotiation, and settlement.
4. Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients, brokers, and other stakeholders.
5. Collaborating with the underwriting and claims teams to enhance portfolio performance.
6. Staying updated on industry trends, regulations, and emerging risks.
7. Providing exceptional customer service and tailored insurance solutions to clients.
8. Contributing to the development of underwriting guidelines and best practices.
9. Collaborating with the team to achieve strategic business goals.
10. Demonstrating strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Proven experience in marine and transportation underwriting and claims handling.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective communication and negotiation abilities.
- Adaptability and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Team-oriented with a collaborative spirit.
- Commitment to continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Understanding of insurance regulations and industry trends.
- Professionalism and a client-centric approach.
ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
How to: Hire a Contractor
When hiring a contractor, compliance is one of the fastest-growing concerns for British businesses. In the near future, a raft of data protection laws and tax legislations come into force.…
PSL: Time for a fresh look?
Same suppliers, same PSL, for yet another year. On a daily basis, I meet and discuss talent acquisition with Banking & Finance, Regulatory and Technology consultancies (IT and Cyber Security),…
All we do is win, win, win.
Another win for the Serocor Group! It was the last gong of the night, but the IRP Award for Best Company to Work For (250+ employees) went to Serocor. The…