About the role
A market-leading client who specialises in mission-critical communications are currently in the market for a System Engineer to join a growing team within the UK. In the role, you will be responsible for providing the technical support and implementation throughout the system and project lifecycles. You are the customer's primary technical contact to ensure system performance is maintained and monitored. Working under the guidance of the Customer Service/Project Manager and Technical Solution Manager you will be involved in the build, commissioning and testing of new solutions as well as the ongoing maintenance.
The role is home based, with an expectation of regular attendance to customer sites, with travel to both their UK office and their HQ in Austria.
Your Main Responsibilities
* Communicating with customers about technical issues and providing first class customer service.
* System/Software troubleshooting and fault diagnosis/resolution - working with development teams to identify and resolve system issues.
* Producing regular system performance documentation and attending regular customer meetings.
* Collaborate with Technical Solution Manager/Solution Architect for decisions on implementation of complex technical solutions & system optimisation.
* System build, Integration, and Commissioning of solutions to critical infrastructure customers.
* System configuration per customer requirements.
* Inspecting and accepting products from sub suppliers and partners prior to implementation.
* Creating work instructions/work plans for use by projects.
* Assisting with technical responses when there is a bid in progress.
* Assisting with technical training and user configuration training, sharing knowledge of the solution with the customer enabling them to fulfil the potential of the solution.
* Working closely and collaboratively with both UK PT team and wider PT team based in Vienna.
* Telecommunications system design - Understanding of fixed communication networks and protocols including Ethernet/IP, SIP and ISDN.
* Knowledge of system architecture and applications.
* Good technical documentation writing skills Network and IT infrastructure.
* Microsoft Windows Server/Desktop platform system build and configuration.
* Solid Project delivery experience.
* Requirements Engineering.
* Geospatial Mapping experience helpful.
* UK Public Infrastructure market experience beneficial.
* Linux experience.
* Thrive on collaboration and are happy working as part of a team or independently.
* Proactive and able to balance competing priorities.
* Customer & Service focussed.
* Solutions focussed in how you think and act
* Goal orientated - delivery of milestones / budgets etc.
* Passionate about personal learning & development
* Able to travel - both within UK and to Austrian HQ
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
A New Industrial Age for Automotive?
Despite a modest drop in 2017, the automotive industry is enjoying a period of sustained buoyancy in the UK, (latest figures reveal it turned over £77.5bn in 2016). It’s also…
Making moves; Job moves
Salary is always one of the first things on a job advert, but is that really the motivator for making a move when it comes to your job? We are…
State of the market: Q-Q sector reports
Labour market data from the ONS shows a sharp fall in overall UK job vacancies due to the pandemic. As a whole, vacancies regardless of sector fell by 55.1% (y-y)…