Your role: Supplier Specification Writer
Location: Gourock (Hybrid arrangement)
Our client is seeking a Supplier Specification Writer to join the Standards and Performance Department. In this role, you will be responsible for providing comprehensive technical (engineering) specification writing support. Your work will play a crucial role in ensuring that the vessels and equipment meet the highest standards of safety, efficiency, and performance.
This role will assist with collating the technical requirements for contract specifications and will review and generate the documentation required to support procurement activity.
As a Supplier Specification Writer, you will have the opportunity to advance your career within the organization. With exemplary performance and a demonstrated commitment to excellence, you can progress into roles such as Senior Specification Writer, Technical Manager, or other leadership positions within the company.
1. **Technical Specification Writing:** Develop detailed technical specifications for marine equipment and components, ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulations.
2. **Quality Assurance:** Review and revise technical documentation to maintain accuracy and relevance, and ensure adherence to quality standards.
3. **Product Research:** Stay up-to-date with industry advancements, conduct research on new products, and make recommendations for their integration into the fleet.
1. **Collaboration:** Work closely with cross-functional teams, including procurement, engineering, and maintenance, to gather input and feedback for specification improvements.
2. **Supplier Communication:** Liaise with suppliers to clarify technical requirements and resolve issues related to specifications.
3. **Regulatory Compliance:** Ensure that all specifications comply with relevant maritime regulations and industry standards.
1. **Documentation Control:** Maintain a systematic approach to document control, versioning, and archiving of technical specifications.
2. **Project Support:** Assist in the planning and execution of projects related to the development and implementation of new equipment.
3. **Continuous Improvement:** Identify opportunities to streamline specification writing processes and contribute to departmental efficiency.
- Proven marine engineering experience, with a deep understanding of vessel systems and equipment.
- A relevant qualification in marine engineering or a related field.
- Strong technical writing skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of maritime regulations and industry standards.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
Flippin’ NORA, we won!
The time: 8pm. The venue: Sway, London. The event: the 16th annual Broadbean National Online Recruitment Awards – affectionately known as NORA. Among the guests and finalists, Managing Director of…
Sustainability in the Rail sector
In 2019, Britain’s rail sector was thriving. More than 21,000 journeys were made on an average day and rail achieved its highest share of miles travelled across the UK for…
Eek! Awkward interview questions
Brilliant! You’ve got an interview for that job you really want. You’re elated, beaming, feeling rather chuffed and then… it hits. You’ve got an interview. An interview. But that also…