12 Month contract
You will be a Software Engineer working with a leading Defence and Aerospace company where you will be involved with developing solutions for the next generation of Air Defence Systems; to work with us to develop our evolving products whilst maintaining our enviable reputation for safety, performance and dependability.
This is a very hands-on role and requires the continued design and development of Command and Control architectures, and the instantiations for future products. Perfect for a Software Engineer who is proactive and takes the initiative.
The company your will be working with is a well respected company that operate internationally and aim to support you as best they possibly can.
Due to the nature of the role UK SC clearance is required.
- A strong background in software engineering, its realisation and system wide impact.
- Experience of working in C++
- Collaborative, open approach to development and have the ability to work well in a team and maintain momentum during development.
- Other skills of interest include:
- Experience of working across the entire software development process from engaging with requirement authorities to automated target integration and proving, supported with effective documentation
- Experience of new tools, techniques and approaches that might enable us to evolve our processes to improve our efficiency and sustainability
- Experience in other languages such as Ada, QT
- Knowledge of DDS middle-ware and Real Time Operating Systems
- Knowledge of standards such as DefStan 00-55, DO-178C or IEC61508 and restricted coding standards such as MISRA C++
12 Month contract
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission. Where the role is marked as Outside IR35 in the advertisement this is subject to receipt of a final Status Determination Statement from the end Client and may be subject to change.
Email me jobs like this
In the Know: Automotive Insights
Looking for automotive insights? You've come to the right place. The automotive industry is developing at a frighteningly exhilarating pace. Advanced technologies and changes in the way we move both…
Unleashing the Power of Recruitment Agencies: Maximising Results through Engaging Passive Candidates
In today's competitive job market, finding top talent can be a challenging and time-consuming task - as revealed in our blog 'Why is it hard to find rail talent right…
Mind the Gap: The STEM Skill Shortage
There is a serious mismatch between hiring company perceptions and job seeking reality in STEM. There's long been a ready acceptance of a shortage of skilled candidates from STEM [Science,…