Salary£25000.00 - £30000.00 per month
Job Title: Service Desk Analyst
The role of Service Desk Support analyst will instill a customer centric approach to deliver seamless first line support for all Group IT Services across locations including South West Water and Bournemouth Water.
Reporting to the Service Desk Manager, you will accurately capture issues and exhaust all options for resolution at first point of contact, demonstrating empathy and a genuine passion for delivering great service to all IT 'Customers' and your colleagues.
The crucial objective for this role is to be responsive to Group IT 'customers' support needs by being a first point of contact and managing expectations to effectively and satisfactorily resolve IT Incidents and Requests.
* Provide first line IT support services, supporting a Customer centric culture by demonstrating skills, values and behaviours expected in a 'Customer' facing role
* Ensure the resolution of IT issues in accordance with agreed Service levels and identify opportunities support continual process improvement
* To maintain a base level of Technical understanding for technologies used across the Group.
* To instill a unified approach within the Service Desk teams across the Enterprise to ensure the provision of seamless support of IT services
* To resolve IT incidents and service requests as per documented procedures and ensuring support documentation is updated accurately
* Escalate any potential impacts to service to the Incident Management Lead to maintain customer satisfaction
* Provide Identity Management support services, ensuring the resolution of PC access requests are fulfilled in accordance with agreed Information Security practices and processes, providing assurance to Audit functions that access is being granted accurately and responsibly
* As a member of the IT Service Delivery Team, support operational priorities and assist other teams across the department where required
* Extensive and broad-based IT and business experience, delivering diverse corporate and operational IT services in a medium/large organisation
* A minimum of one year working in an IT support function or technical role
* Familiarity of following ITIL processes for Incident and Service Request processes
* Familiarity with Microsoft Exchange Online, SCCM, Active Directory, anti-malware technology, enterprise storage arrays/backup technology and a strong working knowledge of Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 365
* Experience with IT Service Management products.Experience with prioritising and managing workload effectively, being able to manage multiple open Incidents/Problems and Service Requests simultaneously
* Takes an active role to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of themselves and their colleagues
* Takes personal responsibility to keep their business knowledge, IT governance and technical skills up to date
* Promotes role and values of Pennon and the Group IT function, and understands and communicate IT plans, strategies and benefits
* Maintains a positive, flexible approach to work, engaging positively in change and is driven to ensure required outcomes are delivered
* Demonstrate a strong Customer Service orientation, taking ownership to ensure the effective resolution of questions, requests and issues by the appropriate team
* Ability to exercise initiative, think innovatively, use problem-solving skills and make well-judged recommendations
* Resilient with the ability to adapt to changing situations and reorganise tasks, people and priorities
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and influence others without direct authority
* Adept at presenting complex information in straight forward terms to a range of audiences
* Ability to quickly understand the business context and establish solid relationships with business stakeholders
* Seeks to understand, communicate and implement information security policies and behaviours
* Demonstrates commitment, focus and pace personally and in driving teams to deliver
* ITIL foundation certificate in IT Service Management
* Relevant ICS qualifications or training
* Full UK driving license
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission. Where the role is marked as Outside IR35 in the advertisement this is subject to receipt of a final Status Determination Statement from the end Client and may be subject to change.
Email me jobs like this
What to expect from a recruitment open day
Hands up who’s applied for a job only to find that the first stage is attending a recruitment open day? Then comes the panic, the questions: ‘What is an open…
How to: DV security clearance
Some job applications specify a grade C in Maths. Others need demonstrable evidence of a particular skill. But arguably one of the trickiest requirements is obtaining [Developed Vetting] DV security…
It’s their way, or the highway
Underpinning our approach to recruitment is the building of strong relationships with candidates. And each candidate has their way of approaching the job hunt. As recruiters, we want to make…