Salary£50 - £70 per hour
- Royal Devonport Dockyard, Plymouth
- Hybrid, fortnightly/Monthly visit to site
- Inside IR35
- £50.00 - £70.00 P/H
About the Role:
The Energy Division at ARM is currently seeking an Senior Mechanical Handling to join our Leading Nuclear Defence Business
Some of your roles may include:
- Draft technical design documentation including requirements, design reports, presentations, and calculations.
- Oversee and support the generation of a 3D model, 2D CAD drawings
- Draft technical queries and change records.
- Update or provide information to support updating extant documents, Job Plans, and Inspection methods.
- Oversee conversion of existing design records into a 3D model
- Maintain and update the project registers of technical queries, change requests, design review requests, and design review actions.
- Determine the duration for design tasks to support the principal engineer and project manager in planning activities.
What do you need to succeed?
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of engineering works, e.g., mechanical handling, mechanical or electrical systems/services. A knowledge of cranes is not essential but desirable.
- Experience in mechanical design is essential. This should include new or modifications to structures and systems including concept, detail design, implementation, and commissioning.
- A proven track record in completing work packages in a highly regulated environment. Experience in the nuclear civil or defence industries would be considered valuable.
- The ability to follow a nuclear safety-led engineering process and maintain accurate records and document/drawing revision control.
- Have effective report writing and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Auto-desk Inventor or similar software to oversee and support the production of models and drawings of mechanical components with electrical harnesses.
- Experienced in using MathCAD to draft technical calculations and substantiation.
- Demonstrable communication skills and the ability to host and participate in design meetings across Microsoft teams whilst working remotely and on-site.
- Preferably experience in using Word, Excel, One-Note, Share-Point, Auto-desk Vault and Navisworks.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply via the link, or contact us at , and we will let you know if you have been shortlisted.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission. Where the role is marked as Outside IR35 in the advertisement this is subject to receipt of a final Status Determination Statement from the end Client and may be subject to change.
Email me jobs like this
It’s their way, or the highway
Underpinning our approach to recruitment is the building of strong relationships with candidates. And each candidate has their way of approaching the job hunt. As recruiters, we want to make…
ARM Contractor FAQs
Our Commonly Asked Questions Around Contracting If you’re considering becoming a contractor and need more information on what is involved and how it works, you have certainly landed in the…
What is Cyber Security?
Defining Cyber Security Cyber security is the practice of protecting computers, servers, mobile devices, networks, and data from malicious attacks, unauthorised access, theft, or damage. This includes implementing measures to…