- 12-month contract
- Competitive Rate of Pay inside IR35
- Hybrid 2/3 days a week in Office
The Energy Division at ARM is currently recruiting an experienced Senior Mechanical Designer (Nuclear) to join Nuclear Civil Client, to be based out of Warrington.
The Senior Designer provides support and technical guidance for a team of multi-disciplined designers. The role will ensure the quality of output to the required standards consistent with the whole lifecycle from concept to in-service support. The role requires a good understanding of engineering and design practices as relevant to the individual's discipline and the holder must be able to demonstrate appropriate CAD skills as well as good written and verbal communication. Requires specialist knowledge and substantial experience in a design subject area.
Some of your duties will include:
The role takes Designs and develops solutions, resolves design issues and problems for a range of specialist design situations. Provides specialist technical advice and guidance to other designers, and provides design governance for technical standards for a team. Works with a high degree of technical autonomy and typically incorporated Engineer status. The role must be fully aware of and adhere to Health & Safety standards and be fully familiar with all authorised documentation, Good Practice Guides, and ISO standards.
- Allocate discipline tasks to the allocated team of Designers, check team drawing outputs, and ensure inter-discipline coordination in accordance with company and regulatory standards.
- Promote effective cooperation across Design and other functional teams.
- Assist in effective management of the customer, including liaison and relationship development with existing and new customers, to aid the development of business, resolution of technical and delivery issues, and such that the customer is fully briefed and informed of progress.
- Advise and assist in selecting the correct methods and tools for tasks and provide technical assistance to an allocated team of Designers.
- Contribute to the preparation/production of drawings in support of basic, detailed, and production design in line with recognised ISO standards and to the required, time, cost, and quality requirements.
- Provide a point of contact with professional engineering colleagues and various stakeholders for discipline-related issues during the design lifecycle, contribute to design reviews, and ensure coordination and functionality of design.
- Assist in the resolution of Production and technical Queries & development of discipline solutions for the team in relation to manufacturing & installation issues
- Contribute to learning from experience (LfE). requirement, during and after the post-project
- Develop innovative design solutions and fulfill Design Lead responsibilities as assigned for multi-discipline low-risk projects.
- Maintain awareness of developments within the industry, particularly for techniques & tools, physical integration, bill of material controls & management of design maturity
- Exercise care for own health and safety and that of others as defined by Health and Safety legislation, adhere to endorsed Company policy, procedures, and delegations (e.g. Health & Safety, Diversity & Inclusion, Performance and development Reviews, and Finance etc.)
- Ensure application of the highest standards for health and safety in the immediate area of responsibility and ensure individual co-operation with respect to company standards about matters of health, safety and environment, ethics, and behaviors.
- Support the business winning process through input into or review of tender requirements, including estimates.
- Support business development opportunities in raising the Cavendish Nuclear profile via presentations, academic links, conferences & technical papers, and identify opportunities and new work streams.
What do you need to succeed?
- HNC/HND minimum in a relevant discipline OR equivalent academic qualification
- Experience in a detailed design environment
- Good knowledge of CAD tools
- Knowledge of General Engineering Drawing Practice
- Incorporated Engineer status
- ICF (Integrated Competency Framework) to be demonstrated or worked towards.
- Demonstrable experience in technical leading of a multi-disciplined design team
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines.
- Member of relevant Professional Institute
- Breadth and depth of experience in a range of commercial or defence projects
How to apply:
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please apply via the link or contact me at and we will let you know if you have been shortlisted.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission. Where the role is marked as Outside IR35 in the advertisement this is subject to receipt of a final Status Determination Statement from the end Client and may be subject to change.
Email me jobs like this
How to Become a Java Developer: Everything You Need to Know
One of the most commonly used program languages across the world, Java stands out as one of the most versatile and in-demand choices. If you're considering a career in software…
State of the market: Q-Q sector reports
Labour market data from the ONS shows a sharp fall in overall UK job vacancies due to the pandemic. As a whole, vacancies regardless of sector fell by 55.1% (y-y)…
National Apprenticeship Week 2023: A Catch Up with Erin
It's National Apprenticeship Week and we have caught up with one of our successful apprentices... Junior Account Consultant, Erin Holland. So Erin, what was your Apprenticeship in? Erin: I did…