Salary£20 - £23 per hour
Senior HR Advisor - Oxford - 6 Month Contract - £23 p/h (PAYE)
ARM is delighted to be recruiting for an established local government who are actively seeking a Senior Human Resources Advisor to join them on an initial 6-month contract.
The role requires a strong understanding of Employment law, case management, and ideally employee relations, the client is flexible in terms of the background the candidate comes from however a similar background would be advantageous.
* Monitor long-term sickness and update case management information, to ensure all sickness absence cases are proactively managed.
* Promote and advise on good working practices and fair and effective procedures to encourage a swift return to work where possible
* Advise and support Grievance Managers to manage formal grievances and disputes including setting terms of reference, liaising with the aggrieved employee, trade
unions and investigating officers.
* Contribute to the development of best practice policies and procedures, feeding back through 121's and attendance at HR practice learning meetings.
* Design and deliver training for managers to improve standards of people management and awareness and understanding of legal responsibilities and council policies.
* CIPD qualified to graduate level with up-to-date knowledge of employment law and employee relations best practice
* At least 5 experience within a large HR function
* Experience in understanding and advising on a variety of complex HR matters including contractual terms and conditions, pay and benefits, employment status, and the
interpretation of policies and procedures.
* Good IT and administration skills with a sound understanding of the legal requirements in handling personal and sensitive data and the ability to use Excel spreadsheets to
* Ability to analyse complex situations, gather the facts, and take a risk assessment approach to find the best solutions.
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission. Where the role is marked as Outside IR35 in the advertisement this is subject to receipt of a final Status Determination Statement from the end Client and may be subject to change.
Email me jobs like this
IWD 2021: Lockdown Ladies
Go back to International Women’s Day on 8 March 2020. To think that we’d be using words like "lockdown," "home-schooling" and "furlough" would be unthinkable - for a few more…
First the worst? Your job stories
First jobs can be rough. I’ve dressed tiny plastic trolls in air hostess uniforms, worn a straw boater to serve breakfasts in Woolworth’s, and been forced to clean the gents’…
7 Ways to Save Money in the Festive Period
1. Set a Spending Limit and Keep Track. At this time of year, it’s easy to get excited when you're in the shops or shopping online, and you can overspend.…