Salary£55 - £65 per hour
- 12-month contract
- Competitive Rate of Pay inside IR35
- Sellafield Site
The Energy Division at ARM is currently recruiting an experienced Senior EC&I Engineer (Nuclear) to join a Nuclear Civil client, to be based out of the Sellafield Site.
The Senior Engineer manages the delivery of engineering and technical activities, through the application of process, domain knowledge, and experience.
At this level, an experienced engineer, with a high level of developed knowledge in a specialist subject area, resolves specific technical issues and problems, compiles technical reports and accompanying presentations, and provides, reviews, and adheres to specifications in accordance with stakeholder requirements. Coaches, mentors, and assists others on matters pertaining to their own discipline, developing business awareness, builds strong working relationships with stakeholders, and works independently with limited technical direction or as part of a small team.
Some of your duties will include:
- Promoting cooperation between Engineering and other functional teams.
- Managing customer relationships to aid business development and address technical issues.
- Adhering to procedures, codes, and standards in engineering and technical activities.
- Contributing to project safety assessments and managing task and project risks.
- Producing, reviewing, and approving technical outputs assigned.
- Evaluating and proposing solutions for technical issues and process improvements.
- Supporting project planning, control, and delivery.
- Making engineering decisions within delegated authority.
- Ensuring high health and safety standards and cooperation across teams.
- Developing technical skills, maintaining knowledge of industry best practices, and promoting engineering practices.
- Contributing to learning from experience and supporting business development.
- Supporting the tender process, including estimating.
What do you need to succeed?
- Engineering degree (or equivalent qualification) in a relevant engineering discipline, with significant demonstrable experience
- Chartered Engineer status (or actively working toward Chartered Status)
- Experience in working collaboratively in multi-discipline teams to deliver activities on a range of project types.
- Demonstrable experience in covering a variety of tasks across a range of complexities.
- Good communication skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines.
- Member of relevant institute or significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council
- Experience in managing engineering scope for Projects from concept design to full Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC)
- Breadth and depth of experience in a range of commercial or defence projects
How to apply:
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please apply via the link or contact me and we will let you know if you have been shortlisted.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission. Where the role is marked as Outside IR35 in the advertisement this is subject to receipt of a final Status Determination Statement from the end Client and may be subject to change.
Email me jobs like this
National Apprenticeship Week 2023: A Catch Up with Erin
It's National Apprenticeship Week and we have caught up with one of our successful apprentices... Junior Account Consultant, Erin Holland. So Erin, what was your Apprenticeship in? Erin: I did…
Making moves; Job moves
Salary is always one of the first things on a job advert, but is that really the motivator for making a move when it comes to your job? We are…
Write a Successful Job Application Form
In today’s competitive job market, it’s more important than ever before that you take the time to complete a stand-out job application form that will allow you to secure your…