Salary£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Our client is looking for a Quality Engineer to join their team in the Portsmouth area.
The ideal candidate would have:
* Background or experience in Aerospace & Defence or microelectronics or other highly regulated industry.
* Background or experience of an AS9100 environment.
* Excellent MS Office skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
* Strong analytical mind, creative problem-solver and effective decision-maker.
* Ability to multi-task, prioritise, work under pressure and deliver against deadlines.
* Worked in a fast-paced, lean environment.
* Lean Six Sigma experience - green belt preferred.
* Experience working in an electronics manufacturing facility.
* Knowledge of MIL-Specs/Standards.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Ensure proper flow-down of requirements from customers to operations.
* Support ongoing ERP system implementation to ensure production routers appropriately capture process requirements and details.
* Lead key quality meetings to drive routine information disposition and action for successful QMS deployment.
* Drive customer satisfaction by striving to prevent quality escapes and timely follow-up on escapes.
* Partner with process engineering in root cause analysis of production issues (rework, scrap, etc.) to compel yield improvement, implementing process control and revising documentation.
* Leverage quality software system to strengthen quality.
* Learn production processes to become capable of driving the adoption of Lean Six Sigma (LSS).
* Support operational process improvements to achieve appropriate industry certifications.
* Lead root-cause analyses and implementation of corrective actions for process-related concerns.
* Strengthen quality awareness across organization.
* Develop and conduct training sessions for administrative and factory personnel.
* Complete FAIR reports in line with AS9102.
* Proactively participate in team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
* Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
* Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
* Perform process audits, as required.
This is a Monday to Friday type of role for which our client is willing to pay up to £45,000 per annum.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
Ace that Interview!
Fantastic! You have an interview for your perfect job, well done! Yet as the big day draws near, you turn into a bag of nerves. Will they like me? How…
Need-to-Know: Cyber security and Brexit
Now business owners have another cyber concern to contend with: Brexit. Amid all the political uncertainty, it’s hard to know what the impacts will be. When it comes to cyber…
Why use a Recruiter?
While 'recruiter' can bring to mind a certain reputation, the fact is, they do get people jobs. You should think of a consultant as your own personal brand ambassador. A…