Salary£38000.00 - £43000.00 per annum
£38,000 - £43,000
ARM are delighted to be supporting one of our multi-award-wining clients with the recruitment of a Purchasing Officer on a permanent basis.
As Purchasing Officer, ensure delivery of quality goods and services within the required timelines, whilst demonstrating value for money and satisfying all regulatory compliance obligations.
* Reviewing requests received for goods and services from Requisitioners.
* Conduct material availability checks against existing inventory.
* Where existing inventory is not available, commence supply chain sourcing including review of existing Contracts and Frameworks to determine suitable supplier(s).
* Determine pricing through contract pricing schedules, supplier catalogues or supplier quotations.
* Identify items where lead-times do not meet the required delivery dates.
* Consolidate orders to ensure minimisation of packaging and transport costs.
* Work effectively with the Logistics Team.
* Liaise with the Procurement Specialist Technical, to transfer International Orders and provide cover where required.
* Where sourcing from a new supplier for the first time, action as per the New Supplier On-boarding process.
* Manage Open Orders, including expediting suppliers.
* Liaise with appropriate Contract Manager to provide feedback on supplier performance.
* Excellent purchasing experience across a range of categories, including working closely with suppliers.
* Experience of the full P2P cycle and working knowledge of Inventory Software.
Good negotiation skills, across all commercial aspects of purchasing.
* Excellent data analysis abilities and software skills, including Microsoft Excel, proficient with Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Power BI.
* Experience in a technical or engineering background.
* Working in a collaborative environment.
* Co-ordinating meetings with key stakeholders.
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
To frack or not to frack?
To frack or not to frack? That is the question. It’s widely recognised that fracking releases large deposits of shale gas. This has the potential to extend the use of…
#CC300… And they’re off
Today staff from the Serocor Group tackle the #CC300 mile cycle ride to raise money for Naomi House children's hospice. At 7.30am on Wednesday 14 June, 11 challengers and 4…
Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity in Rail and Infrastructure Sector.
We spoke in our earlier blog about how the rail and infrastructure sector is facing challenges with lack of talent in the industry right now. But another finding from our…