Salary£44 - £45 per hour
Procurement and Supply Chain Specialist
12 month contract (Inside IR35)
Warrington - (Hybrid)
ARM is actively seeking a Procurement and Supply Chain Specialist to join a prestigious Nuclear Civil Engineering client based in Warrington on a 12 month contract, offering hybrid working.
The Procurement Specialist will work with key stakeholders, account teams and suppliers to drive operational execution of projects, bids and other critical business activities.
* Close involvement with suppliers & stakeholders to identify and implement the most cost
effective and technically efficient supply solutions in respect of cost, performance,
product and/or service quality and programme.
* Managing sourcing and tendering processes in accordance with agreed project and/or
* Early engagement with stakeholders to review and challenge specifications and develop
robust/innovative procurement strategies which outline marketplace, cost levers, value
* Leading negotiations (utilising a robust strategy) with suppliers to ensure that the most
cost effective supply solutions are obtained.
* Develop robust contract award recommendations detailing rational for award.
* Ensuring that the Company's commercial position is best protected and is properly
reflected within formal subcontracts and purchase orders.
* Post contract management ensuring the terms of a contract are adhered to with regards
to cost, programme, quality.
* Ensuring that all technical and quality requirements are fully satisfied and that all material
and service requirements are supplied in accordance with Project programmes.
* Leading supplier performance monitoring and development initiatives.
* Monitor and track personal performance against functional targets to continually improve value and performance in procurement activities.
* Qualified to degree level or equivalent
* Ability to work in cross functional teams and some experience of stakeholder
management as well as influencing skills will be essential
* A sound understanding of end-to-end sourcing and supplier management processes
together with an ability to identify and capture incremental value in an operational
* Experience of planning and implementing supply arrangements, managing supplier
performance and scheduling of deliveries.
* A good understanding of cost models/business models particularly in relation to the NEC
models, familiarity with accounting practices, commercial audits, forecasting and
valuations and supplier costing models.
* A good understanding of contract terms.
For more information contact Dan on or 02392 228211
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission. Where the role is marked as Outside IR35 in the advertisement this is subject to receipt of a final Status Determination Statement from the end Client and may be subject to change.
Email me jobs like this
Apprentices in Rail: RailStaff March 2022
This article was first published in RailStaff Issue 278, in the lead up to the Railtex 2022 Expo. With the ongoing talent shortage and increasingly ineffective talent acquisition methods, how can…
Make It Yourself: A DIY Christmas
Why Make Your Own Gifts? Not only can it save you money, which is VERY important at this time of year and in the current financial climate (sorry to mention…
Flexible working: The Mum-myth!
Flexible-working. A term long regarded as a luxury afforded only to working-mums, reinforcing 'traditional' gender roles. This lack of understanding has contributed to a somewhat confusing definition of the term.…