Position: Principal Structural Engineer - (Southampton)
As a pivotal player in the maritime industry, my client's expertise spans naval architecture, marine engineering, and environmental services. Their commitment to advancing maritime solutions is evident in the diverse projects that they undertake, from cutting-edge vessel designs to sustainable marine environments.
My client is looking for a Principal Structural Engineer to join their business in the Southampton Area to be responsible for the commercial vessel structural engineering discipline
- Leverage maritime experience to excel in structural engineering for a variety of projects.
- Serve as a technical expert in design, encompassing concept development, structural arrangement, lightweight structures, specialised structures, structural hand calculations, and finite element analysis.
- Demonstrate a preference for and proficiency in designing lightweight aluminium structures, particularly for medium to high-speed craft (preferred)
- Engage in effective communication with customers, shipyards, and stakeholders to ensure project alignment and success.
- Display meticulous attention to detail and a proven track record of workload planning.
- Extensive maritime experience in structural engineering.
- Technical expertise in all facets of design, including concept development, structural arrangement, lightweight structures, specialised structures, structural hand calculations, and finite element analysis.
- Ideally, a bias towards designing lightweight aluminium structures for medium to high-speed craft.
- Proven ability to engage and collaborate with customers, shipyards, and stakeholders.
- Detail-focused with a track record of effective workload planning.
*NOTE: Candidates must have the full and immediate right to live and work in the UK to be considered.
Please get in contact with Freya Huntingdon to discuss this vacancy in more detail
00 (44) 2392 228 281
ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
A jolly honorary fellow: Derek Goff
Serocor's Learning and Development Manager, Derek Goff has received an IRP Honorary Fellowship from the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). The fellowship is the highest accolade awarded by the Institute…
How to: Networking
Networking events can be intimidating. Even when you already KNOW that everyone is there for the same reason, and probably just as nervous as you. But, you have to admit,…
7 Ways to Save Money in the Festive Period
1. Set a Spending Limit and Keep Track. At this time of year, it’s easy to get excited when you're in the shops or shopping online, and you can overspend.…