Salary£50.00 - £60.00 per hour
- Principal Mechanical Engineer
- Warrington - Hybrid
- Inside IR35
- Up to £60 P/H
The Energy Division at ARM is currently recruiting an experienced Principal Mechanical Engineer to join a Nuclear Civil client, to be based out of Warrington.
Some of your roles may include:
- Serving as a subject matter expert in a specialist area.
- Providing help and direction to less experienced team members.
- Adhering to health and safety standards and all authorised documentation.
- Ensuring effective management of multi-discipline teams for timely and efficient delivery of engineering work to meet customer scope.
- Supervising engineers and technical specialists.
- Promoting cooperation across engineering and other functional teams.
- Managing customer liaison and relationship development.
- Ensuring technical management of engineering output to deliver technical solutions.
- Producing, reviewing, verifying, and approving calculations, analyses, technical reports, technical specifications, and method statements.
- Identifying and applying correct codes and standards to engineering and technical activities.
- Ensuring the application of the highest standards for health and safety in the immediate area of responsibility and managing resources to match assigned work scopes.
- Planning and executing project and technical audits to impart learning and experience.
- Maintaining knowledge of industry best practices and promoting a culture of engineering best practices.
- Contributing to learning from experience.
- Supporting business development opportunities.
- Owning the performance and development of team members.
- Responsible for effective planning and organization of resources to deliver customer promises.
What do you need to succeed?
- Engineering degree (or equivalent qualification) in a relevant engineering discipline, with significant demonstrable experience
- Chartered Engineer status
- Demonstrable experience in managing teams to deliver analysis activities on a range of project types
- Demonstrable experience in covering a variety of tasks across a range of complexities
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines
- Member of relevant institute or significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council
- Experience in managing engineering scope for Projects from concept design to full Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
- Breadth and depth of experience in a range of commercial or defence project
How to apply:
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please apply via the link or contact me on and we will let you know if you have been shortlisted.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission. Where the role is marked as Outside IR35 in the advertisement this is subject to receipt of a final Status Determination Statement from the end Client and may be subject to change.
Email me jobs like this
7 Signs it’s Time to get a New Job
Many of us have a love-hate relationship with our job. Or with our employer. However, there comes a time when you need to move on; in some cases, you might…
National Apprenticeship Week 2023: A Catch Up with Erin
It's National Apprenticeship Week and we have caught up with one of our successful apprentices... Junior Account Consultant, Erin Holland. So Erin, what was your Apprenticeship in? Erin: I did…
New Year, New Job- January is the Prime Month for Job Seeking
Why is the New Year the Best Time for Job Seeking? January is a prime month for job hunting, with numerous factors working in your favour. In this blog, we'll…