LocationWallsend, Tyne and Wear
Salary£400 - £450 per day + Hybrid working
- Job title: Principal Plant Engineer (HV Electrical Substations)
- Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
- Role type: Contract
- Duration: 6 months (likely to be extended to 12)
- Rate: £400-450 p/d (inside IR35)
- Other: Hybrid working offered, 2-3 days per week.
A.R.M Recruitment is currently looking for a Senior Level Electrical Substation Engineer on behalf of a leading supplier of high voltage substations within the UK, who offer services within design, manufacturing, installation, testing, and commissioning.
The main function of the role is to lead the HV Primary Engineering design delivery for electrical substation projects up to a voltage of 400kV with the assistance of the Design Engineers.
In addition, the Principal Plant Engineer would assist the Design Delivery Managers in the day-to-day running of the engineers and technicians teams.
The role also includes leading the team in planning and procurement responsibilities as detailed below for delivery of substation projects.
- Assist the Design Delivery Managers in the day-to-day running of the engineers and technicians teams
- Leading the team in planning and procurement responsibilities as detailed below for delivery of substation projects.
- Identify the development and training needs of the design team as appropriate to skill level / experience
- Identify and effectively manage inter-disciplinary design gaps in collaboration with the appropriate project engineering mangers
- Input into the allocation of work packages, coordinate workload and agree priorities withing the Primary Plant Team.
- Establish Design content of work package and the Design resource to achieve the required time scales, in line with Project Programme
- Effectively control, update and report on progress throughout contract life, giving estimates to complete and highlight potential resource problems to Design Manager / Project Manager
- Design work to be undertaken with due regard to Health, Safety & Environmental Procedures and production of Designer Risk Assessments, as necessary, to fulfil the Company's obligations in compliance with current CDM regulations
- Attend and contribute to Design Review / Contract Close-out Meetings, ensuring that appropriate items are actioned in a timely manner
- Prepare Installation and Commissioning packages, in a timely manner as dictated by the Site Installation & Commissioning Schedule
- Liaise with Engineers, Designers and Technicians on drawings requirement
- Check and approve engineering designs
- HND in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ Years' experience working in a Design Office
- Autocad or similar is preferred but not essential
- Prior experience as a senior HV Substation Primary Plant Design Engineer
- Proficient user in Microsoft Office packages
- Calculations to demonstrate integrity of designs
- Overall design and specification of electrical power systems and associated power system components
- Basic understanding of P&C aspects preferable
- TP141 HV Substation qualification is an advantage
If you are interested to find out more about this opportunity, or anything else that might be similar, please contact our Energy & Power Team Lead, Jasmine White - ARM Recruitment. 02329 458 027
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission. Where the role is marked as Outside IR35 in the advertisement this is subject to receipt of a final Status Determination Statement from the end Client and may be subject to change.
Email me jobs like this
Eek! Awkward interview questions
Brilliant! You’ve got an interview for that job you really want. You’re elated, beaming, feeling rather chuffed and then… it hits. You’ve got an interview. An interview. But that also…
Make It Yourself: A DIY Christmas
Why Make Your Own Gifts? Not only can it save you money, which is VERY important at this time of year and in the current financial climate (sorry to mention…
Ace that Interview!
Fantastic! You have an interview for your perfect job, well done! Yet as the big day draws near, you turn into a bag of nerves. Will they like me? How…