Salary£55 - £65 per hour
- 12-month contract
- Competitive Rate of Pay inside IR35
- Hybrid 2/3 days a week in Office
The Energy Division at ARM is currently recruiting an experienced Principal EC&I Engineer (Nuclear) to join a Nuclear Civil client, to be based out of Warrington.
The Principal Engineer provides leadership in the delivery of engineering and technical activities through the application of process, domain knowledge, and experience. At this level, an experienced engineer has a breadth of engineering knowledge & experience, resolves a range of technical issues and problems, compiles technical reports and accompanying presentations, provides, reviews, and adheres to specifications in accordance with stakeholder requirements. Coaches, mentors, and assists others on matters pertaining to their own discipline, developing business awareness, builds strong working relationships with stakeholders, and works independently with limited technical direction or as part of a small team.
Some of your duties will include:
Experienced engineers at this level are subject matter experts who must comply with health and safety standards and authorised documentation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing multi-discipline teams to deliver engineering work efficiently and effectively.
- Supervising engineers and promoting cooperation across functional teams.
- Managing customer relationships to aid business development and resolve issues.
- Ensuring technical management of engineering outputs and delivering solutions.
- Reviewing and approving technical outputs, adhering to codes, procedures, and standards.
- Enforcing proper health and safety standards and cooperation across teams.
- Managing resources to match project needs and capabilities.
- Planning and executing audits and reviews to impart experience and advise.
- Promoting a culture of engineering best practices and driving change.
- Supporting learning and business development opportunities.
- Demonstrating leadership skills in self, team, and resources to honour customer promises.
What do you need to succeed?
- Engineering degree (or equivalent qualification) in a relevant engineering discipline, with significant demonstrable experience
- Chartered Engineer status
- Demonstrable experience in managing teams to deliver analysis activities on a range of project types.
- Demonstrable experience in covering a variety of tasks across a range of complexities.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines.
- Member of relevant institute or significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council
- Experience in managing engineering scope for Projects from concept design to full Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
- Breadth and depth of experience in a range of commercial or defence projects
How to apply:
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please apply via the link or contact me on and we will let you know if you have been shortlisted.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission. Where the role is marked as Outside IR35 in the advertisement this is subject to receipt of a final Status Determination Statement from the end Client and may be subject to change.
Email me jobs like this
What to expect when employees are expecting
In the workplace for the first time, four generations can be found working side-by-side. And they all expect different things from the companies they work for. The newest generations are…
Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity in Rail and Infrastructure Sector.
We spoke in our earlier blog about how the rail and infrastructure sector is facing challenges with lack of talent in the industry right now. But another finding from our…
All we do is win, win, win.
Another win for the Serocor Group! It was the last gong of the night, but the IRP Award for Best Company to Work For (250+ employees) went to Serocor. The…