LocationCrawley, West Sussex
Salary£37000.00 - £42000 per annum
PLANT & FACILITIES ENGINEER - CRAWLEY - PERM - CIRCA £40,000 DoE
ARM are working with a global engineering and technology firm that specialises in Rail projects, to help find a Plant & Facilities Engineer to join the experienced team based out of Crawley. This would suit an experienced Plant & Facilities Engineer with an electrical bias, and a background of working in rolling stock / rail environments.
- Proven experience in plant and facilities maintenance.
- A minimum City & Guilds or BTEC National qualification or equivalent in a mechanical/electrical engineering discipline.
- Electrical wiring competency in accordance with the current amendment of BS 7671:2008.
- Experience in fault finding, knowledge of IT and the ability to understand and interpret drawings and wiring diagrams is necessary.
- Driving licence as the ability to travel to outstation sites is essential.
- A current PTS would be beneficial as one is required for the role.
- Leadership experience and excellent communication skills.
- Strong organization/planning skills.
- Background in managing resource - direct people management and management of contract resource.
- Advanced Health & Safety knowledge - understanding of the relevant legislation and in particular experience of carrying out risk assessments Basic understanding of plumbing.
What you will be doing:
- Undertake maintenance, inspection, and repair of depot plant in accordance with the agreed maintenance regime defined on the Maintenance Management System, including scheduling new tasks in accordance with statutory legislation as applicable.
- Check the facilities performance using the Building Management System on a daily basis for any alarms and rectify as applicable.
- Carry out regular weekly walk rounds of the site to identify any facility asset deterioration and report / repair as applicable and ensure spares are identified / managed in line with materials required to comply with the agreed maintenance regime.
- Ensure that the planned maintenance is carried out in accordance with the asset maintenance plan.
- Investigate all near miss reports raised by your team. Where the investigation indicates another supervisor or manager should own the investigation, pass this on to them via Entropy.
- Implement safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility Understand, implement and comply with the Siemens Rolling Stock HSEW policies.
This is a full-time permanent role working 40 hours a week with standard working hours of 06.30 - 15.30, Monday - Friday.
What you can expect in return:
- Salary circa £40,000 depending on experience
- Performance based bonus scheme
- 34 days holiday per year
- Attractive pension scheme
- Subsidised BUPA Healthcare
- Flexible benefits scheme
For this role, you must already be eligible to work in the UK without restriction.
For more information on this position, please contact Sam Derham at ARM on 02392458029 or email your CV and covering letter .
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
They grow up so fast
It is astounding how quickly children grow up. Defined by paths taken and paths ignored, impacted by chance; they're rarely what you imagined. It's the same with companies. Happy Anniversary!…
Unleashing the Power of Recruitment Agencies: Maximising Results through Engaging Passive Candidates
In today's competitive job market, finding top talent can be a challenging and time-consuming task - as revealed in our blog 'Why is it hard to find rail talent right…
The Future of Work?
Here at ARM our workforce is 100% hybrid. It may have taken a pandemic but we’ve seen the benefits, both on performance & talent retention. If you’ve been cautious of…