Salary£35.00 - £36 per hour + 20% uplift on shifts
12 Month Contract
£35ph + Shift Increase
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineering to join us and provide support in areas including - writing processes, plans, and procedures in 3D Experience for the production of Satellites and payloads. You will also be involved in supporting hardware assembly on items such as black boxes, Solar Array, and structure panels and in the environmental testing.
Day to Day Responsibilities -
- Project Preparation Phase
- Support to the customisation phase starting at the project kick off.
- Support project DMU (Digital mock-up/design for manufacture) sessions to ensure design for manufacture.
- Support in the creation of documentation required for the production phases, including ACS inputs, work instructions, and procedures.
- Lead the installation of Satellite appendages and applicable integration flows and preparation.
- Support the definition of MGSE for use on the Satellite and support procurement activities.
- Support Process Owner team in all aspects of their role.
- Support process owners with observation resolution and operational activities.
- Oversee unit installation activities on the Satellite.
- Support quality reviews, conduct PFMEA and Root Cause Analysis
- Support in the creation of re-work instructions based on project requirements and identify parts and tooling required to carry them out.
The experience we are looking for -
- High mechanical skills and relevant experience.
- Writing Procedures and process control.
- Able to work offsite (UK and abroad) for undefined periods at short notice or Work overtime and shifts when requested.
- Able to support out of normal hours work using the "on call" rota process.
- Quality driven approach with high attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience in the production of high quality documentation (test specs, test plans, test procedures, AIT Plans, DDV plans).
- High self-motivation and ability to deal with changing priorities on a multi-project basis.
- Good problem solving skills (technical, logistics and organisational).
- Good planning skills and process competence, (MRP system experience an advantage).
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Previous experience of payload builds is a distinct advantage.
- Appreciation of satellite integration processes and project phases.
- Satellite Appendage installation process (Solar Array, reflectors, antennas, deployable systems).
- Good understanding and detailed experience of complex mechanical systems.
- Lean manufacturing techniques including 5S, root cause analysis and continuous improvement.
- Support to production teams on the shop floor.
- Prepare and carry out environmental tests (Vibration, Acoustic, Mass properties, Thermal) at unit, subsystem, instrument and spacecraft level.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission. Where the role is marked as Outside IR35 in the advertisement this is subject to receipt of a final Status Determination Statement from the end Client and may be subject to change.
Email me jobs like this
Is Job Hopping damaging your career?
At some point, most of us have been told that moving from job to job without ‘sticking it out’ shows that you’re unreliable, flaky or lack resilience. As a result,…
An Inside Look: Cyber Talent Insights
Almost every day we hear reports of yet another malicious cyber attack, bringing disruption to businesses and people’s lives around the world. Naturally, cyber security is top of most board…
Why Choose Project Management?
A career in project management provides a whole host of exciting opportunities to progress further, take on new challenges, and explore new projects that will allow you to develop new…