LocationHartlepool, County Durham
SalaryUp to £44 per hour
- 12-month contract
- Competitive Rate of Pay inside IR35
- Hartlepool Power Station
The Energy Division at ARM is currently recruiting an experienced Mechanical Engineer (Nuclear) to join a Nuclear Civil client, to be based out of Hartlepool.
Based at Hartlepool Power Station, the successful candidate will be responsible for technically interpreting and understanding designs produced by others and then producing a safe system of work to allow the implementation of these designs onto the plant. When supervisory and/or technician resource is mobilised to deliver these projects, the successful candidate will oversee the project, offering supervision and technical input as required to ensure successful delivery. Occasional travel to other EDF power stations may be required while delivering certain projects.
Some of your duties will include:
- Report to the Hartlepool Site Manager for all matters relating to safety and quality.
- Safely manage the delivery of assigned projects through collaborative working with other team members and station staff.
- Supervise and/or undertake all work as instructed by the Site Manager to the requirements of the task documentation (i.e. Work Instructions/Implementation Quality Plans, Method Statement; Quality Plan; Risk Assessments, etc.), with due care to minimise the potential for inadvertent disturbance to site plant or equipment.
- Produce project documentation including construction plans and risk assessments as well as review and comment on contractor documentation.
- Ensure work is planned according to station processes and relevant parties are aware of the project and their responsibilities to facilitate successful project delivery.
- Set working parties to work in a way that complies with the client's requirements.
- Brief working parties (including sub-contractors) as required.
- Supervise and perform work whilst avoiding danger to themselves and to others who might be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Ensure documentation, including drawings and records are kept and tracked as appropriate and are updated and closed out in full at the conclusion of projects.
- Report all anomalies, safety hazards, plant damage, and specific problems through the Project Manager before proceeding further.
- Lead Pre & Post Job De-Briefs.
- These duties are project-specific and in addition to those described in the Company and project manuals and procedures. He/she shall ensure that they are familiar with these documents, and any legislation to which they refer.
What do you need to succeed?
- Experience in working collaboratively in multi-discipline teams to deliver activities on a range of project types.
- Demonstrable experience in covering a variety of tasks across a range of complexities.
- Good communication skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines.
- Experience working within the Mechanical Sector on site.
How to apply:
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please apply via the link or contact me on and we will let you know if you have been shortlisted.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission. Where the role is marked as Outside IR35 in the advertisement this is subject to receipt of a final Status Determination Statement from the end Client and may be subject to change.
Email me jobs like this
How to: Hire a Contractor
When hiring a contractor, compliance is one of the fastest-growing concerns for British businesses. In the near future, a raft of data protection laws and tax legislations come into force.…
2021 wrapped up…
We can all agree that 2021 has allowed us to test our agility in times of uncertainty. Our business had to prioritise safety, introducing hybrid working. Then we faced up…
SAD: How Can I Reduce the Winter Blues?
Have you been struggling to get out of bed, especially now that the mornings are dark and cold? Missing the sunlight during the day? Feeling lethargic or burned out? You…