LocationCity of London, London
Health and Safety Manager
£485 Pay per day (Inside IR35)
Hybrid - 2-3 days in London
My client, a consultancy, are looking for a Health and Safety manager who will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of occupational health and safety and the ISO45001 management system for the organisation.
This role involves managing safety programs, policies, and procedures to ensure a safe working environment for all personnel. This position requires a proactive and dedicated individual who can lead safety initiatives, drive compliance, and continuously improve safety practices within the organization.
- Continually update health and safety training programs, policies, procedures and records ensuring safety best practices.
- Ensure that H&S programs align with the ISO45001 management system.
- Risk Assessment, mitigation and incident management. Ensure staff comply with safety plans to mitigate identified risks and hazards. Investigate accidents, incidents, and near misses, and develop strategies to prevent recurrence.
- Regulatory compliance: stay up to date with safety regulations and ensure all company activities comply with these regulations.
- Conduct regular OHMS management reviews and H&S committee meetings and prepare and present safety reports to senior management.
- Maintain thorough records of all safety incidents and report as required.
- Work with landlords in conduct drills and exercises to ensure personnel are prepared for emergencies.
- Safety Inspections and audits: perform regular safety inspections of offices to identify hazards and compliance issues. Conduct internal safety audits to ensure adherence to safety policies and procedures.
- Conducting return to work, new and expectant mother risk assessments and processing access to work.
- Contractor and Subcontractor oversight: evaluate and monitor the safety practices of contractors and subcontractors working in our offices. Ensure that they comply with safety standards and policies.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities for improving safety practices and processes and implement enhancements accordingly. Provide recommendations for improving safety performance.
Qualifications (To be considered for the role,. you would ideally have some of the below)
- Bachelor's degree in occupational health and safety or a related field.
- Relevant professional certifications are highly desirable.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to promoting a culture of safety.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission. Where the role is marked as Outside IR35 in the advertisement this is subject to receipt of a final Status Determination Statement from the end Client and may be subject to change.
Email me jobs like this
PSL: Time for a fresh look?
Same suppliers, same PSL, for yet another year. On a daily basis, I meet and discuss talent acquisition with Banking & Finance, Regulatory and Technology consultancies (IT and Cyber Security),…
Close Contract (Contract Recruitment)
The UK is one of the three most successful countries for contract recruitment. According to OnRec, an astonishing 86% of British recruitment industry turnover in 2019 is covered by contract…
Applying for Jobs During Christmas
Is Christmas a Good Time to Apply for Another Job? During the festive period, it is definitely more noticeable that there are not as many people around the office. A…