Salary£40.00 - £70.00 per hour
- Highly Competitive Rates Inside IR35
- Hybrid working - Royal Devonport Dockyard
- Inside IR35
The Energy Division of ARM is seeking to hire several Experienced Electrical Engineers to join their Nuclear Civil client, with the position being situated in Reading.
Some of your duties will include:
- Preparing and/or checking designs, analyses, reports, drawings, specifications, and other documents in support of Nuclear and Non-Nuclear related plants, facilities, and equipment.
- Participate in the problem-solving for development of technical solutions to deficiencies or in the development of new designs.
- Support the review and sentencing of new designs, methodology of construction, and temporary works submitted to the Technical Authority.
- Make effective use of Learn from Experience information to develop and disseminate theoretical knowledge in relation to practical engineering and to maintain a record of development to substantiate the skills achieved.
- Support development, construction, installation, commissioning, operation, and maintenance of Facilities.
- Support the on-site inspection of DRDL assets for their construction, maintenance, and modification.
What do you need to succeed?
- Experience Designing electrical building services, including fire detection and alarm systems, industrial lighting and emergency lighting, site broadcast (PA), and HVAC.
- Sound understanding of company and departmental procedures relating to Health and Safety, Design, and quality.
- must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle.
- Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop the design.
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post, and project requirements.
- Sound project specification, planning, project management, and budgeting experience
- Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health and safety, and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures.
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications
- Ideally Experience the design support to construction, operation, and refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please apply via the link and we will let you know if you have been shortlisted.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission. Where the role is marked as Outside IR35 in the advertisement this is subject to receipt of a final Status Determination Statement from the end Client and may be subject to change.
Email me jobs like this
How to: Phone Interviews
The job market is more competitive than ever. And, in a world where employers simply don’t have time to know candidates before the shortlist phase, phone interviews are becoming increasingly…
Close Contract (Contract Recruitment)
The UK is one of the three most successful countries for contract recruitment. According to OnRec, an astonishing 86% of British recruitment industry turnover in 2019 is covered by contract…
MTV Cribs: ARM’s new office
ARM, Optamor and Serocor have been based in our new office at Shore House for a couple of months now. Things have settled down. The move was hugely significant for…