Salary£30 - £38 per hour
- 12-month contract
- Up to £38 P/H Inside IR35
- Hybrid 2/3 days a week in Office
The Energy Division at ARM is currently recruiting an experienced Senior EC&I Designer (Nuclear) to join Nuclear Civil client, to be based out of Warrington.
The Senior Designer provides support and technical guidance for a team of multi-disciplined designers. The role will ensure the quality of output to the required standards consistent with the whole lifecycle from concept to in-service support. The role requires a good understanding of engineering and design practices as relevant to the individual's discipline and the holder must be able to demonstrate appropriate CAD skills as well as good written and verbal communication. Requires specialist knowledge and substantial experience in a design subject area.
Some of your duties will include:
This role involves designing and developing solutions, resolving design issues, providing technical advice to other designers, and ensuring design governance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Allocating tasks to the design team, checking drawing outputs, and promoting cooperation across teams.
- Managing customer relationships to aid business development and resolve technical issues.
- Providing technical assistance to the design team and ensuring coordination with regulations and standards.
- Contributing to design reviews and resolving technical queries.
- Developing innovative design solutions and maintaining industry awareness.
- Ensuring adherence to health and safety standards and company policies.
- Supporting business development opportunities and contributing to the tender process.
- Maintaining a high standard of work and cooperation with team members and stakeholders.
- HNC/HND minimum in a relevant discipline OR equivalent academic qualification
- Experience in a detailed design environment
- Good knowledge of CAD tools
- Knowledge of General Engineering Drawing Practice
- Demonstrable experience in technical leading of a multi-disciplined design team
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines.
- Member of relevant Professional Institute
- Breadth and depth of experience in a range of commercial or defence projects
How to apply:
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please apply via the link or contact me and we will let you know if you have been shortlisted.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission. Where the role is marked as Outside IR35 in the advertisement this is subject to receipt of a final Status Determination Statement from the end Client and may be subject to change.
Email me jobs like this
PSL: Time for a fresh look?
Same suppliers, same PSL, for yet another year. On a daily basis, I meet and discuss talent acquisition with Banking & Finance, Regulatory and Technology consultancies (IT and Cyber Security),…
From Apprentice to Defence Recruiter Extraordinaire: The Success of Lewis Dunn
So, jumping right in... What was your role when you first started at ARM? I started as a Junior Account Consultant but did my Apprenticeship about six months in. I…
Mind the Gap: The STEM Skill Shortage
There is a serious mismatch between hiring company perceptions and job seeking reality in STEM. There's long been a ready acceptance of a shortage of skilled candidates from STEM [Science,…