Salary£50.00 - £70 per hour
- Royal Devonport Dockyard, Plymouth
- Hybrid full time
- Inside IR35
- Negotiable depending on experience.
About the Role:
The Energy Division at ARM is currently seeking a Design Manager to join the Nuclear Civil client in Plymouth.
Some of your Duties will include.
- Lead and manage structure packages, agreeing on project objectives and managing the design team's performance.
- Provide technical design guidance for the Dock Buildings and review multi-disciplinary elements, including safety requirements.
- Leading the Dock Facility Project's compliance with Design Policy and contribute to the ongoing improvement of Design Processes and standards.
- Coordinate and ensure alignment of Dock Building designs with services and external works packages.
- Provide technical support and input to project objectives, manage designer performance, and make appropriate technical decisions.
- Support implementation of Health, Safety, and Environmental approaches related to design.
- Lead the integration of Nuclear Safety into design.
- Review and confirm design documentation's compliance with scope, standards, schedule, and budget.
- Plan for effective project implementation, including technical planning and advising the project and design team.
- Ensure project design and safety approach align with Design and Safety Policy/Standards, including BIM.
What do you need to succeed?
- Possess a sound understanding and apply relevant industry legislation, industry codes and standards, design engineering practices, design management (including systems engineering), planning, and budgetary control.
- Demonstrate knowledge and training in the CDM process and comply with company and departmental procedures related to design, health and safety, and quality requirements.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply via the link, or contact us at , and we will let you know if you have been shortlisted.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission. Where the role is marked as Outside IR35 in the advertisement this is subject to receipt of a final Status Determination Statement from the end Client and may be subject to change.
Email me jobs like this
Flexible working: The Mum-myth!
Flexible-working. A term long regarded as a luxury afforded only to working-mums, reinforcing 'traditional' gender roles. This lack of understanding has contributed to a somewhat confusing definition of the term.…
Home-grown talent: Harry McWhirr
Home-grown talent is part of our DNA. Developing careers is not just important for the employers and candidates we place - but for our people too. When the word 'apprentice'…
Close Contract (Contract Recruitment)
The UK is one of the three most successful countries for contract recruitment. According to OnRec, an astonishing 86% of British recruitment industry turnover in 2019 is covered by contract…