Salary£37000 - £67000 per annum + Relocation Support, Pension, Annual Bonus
- Job title: Component Design Engineer
- Role type: Permanent
- Hours: 37 p/w
- Location: Derby (relocation support is available if necessary)
The Energy division at ARM is exclusively supporting a World-Class Nuclear Defence Engineering business, who are on a major recruitment campaign to find multiple experienced Component Design Engineers to join their main production site in Derby.
As a Component Design Engineer, you will be a critical member of the team, working to deliver component design engineering capability into the Dreadnought Programme. The secondary propulsion business units has a manufacturing foot print in the supply chain and thus will require a dynamic experienced engineer who is capable of working with supply chains and manufacturing engineering.
What you will be doing:
You will deliver design solutions for components and complex assemblies in consideration of safety, manufacturing capability, product physical and functional robustness. Design solutions should also consider Unit Cost, Weight, Maintainability and Repair.
- Deliver definition to appropriate stakeholder groups' requirements e.g. manufacturing (external), project customers, analysis teams in accordance with associated agreed routes.
- Create and use automated and integrated tool sets TCeng and NX to articulate design intent. Quality Assurance through checking of design documents, models, drawings in accordance with RRMS technical requirements.
- Carry out analyses using formula-based calculations and/or automated workflows for dimensioning of parts and components (e.g. stability, stiffness, profiles, balance point, weights) and where appropriate, using analytical rules, tools and methods to underwrite the design solution against requirements.
- Create technical documents to comply with process, knowledge management, information and data policies.
- Plan, manage and execute external designs via orders placed at design service providers or suppliers with design and production authorisation for complete devices (Design only / Design and Make Package) leading to approval of the designs and all documents.
- Manage product configuration and assure data integrity.
- Execute sub-system integration process including the appropriate use of Systems Engineering and Robust Design tools to ensure that the technical attributes of the Sub-system design meet the agreed requirements.
What do you need to succeed?
- Degree level in an engineering discipline either mechanical or manufacturing environment.
- Good technical knowledge in mechanical design methodologies and understands cross discipline engineering concepts which include but are not limited to manufacturing engineering, mechanical analysis, cost engineering and product definition.
- An ability to apply logical, analytical and innovative thinking on a range of technical problems and make balanced decisions across technical and business parameters.
- Knowledge and experience of product integrity / liability frameworks.
- Good understanding of NX toolset for modelling and drawing creation linked with strong GD&T understanding.
What's on offer?
- Competitive salary range + overtime rates
- Annual bonus / Annual salary review
- Excellent benefits package
- Great opportunity for career progression and development
- Short interview stage process
- Relocation can be supported (location dependent)
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
Leadership with Leon
Whilst climbing the Gran Paradiso for charity recently, I got the chance to think more deeply about what leadership actually means to me. Nothing makes you think more than when…
Mental health in Maritime & COVID-19
Employees of the maritime sector are arguably more vulnerable than most, even outside of a global mental health crisis. A 2019 study found that, while it’s “difficult to establish the…
Flexible working: The Mum-myth!
Flexible-working. A term long regarded as a luxury afforded only to working-mums, reinforcing 'traditional' gender roles. This lack of understanding has contributed to a somewhat confusing definition of the term.…