SalaryUp to £550 per day
6 Month Contract
£550pd INSIDE IR35
Remote Working with Occasional Travel to Reading, Berkshire /Dublin
My client is looking for a Cloud Engineer to join a team of developers working in Agile in a project that is building a new Digital and Event platform. This person will Provide leadership and accountability and ensure the ongoing maintenance, and developed service improvements to, our core applications. You will be expected to use your knowledge to take the lead and guide others into the diagnosis and resolution of incidents, problems and in the development of technical solutions to satisfy business requirements.
Role Responsibilities -
* As a Cloud Engineer you will be designing, building, testing, automating, monitoring and supporting significant components within a modern digital service platform in production environments.
* Implementing modern Continuous Delivery processes for releasing software to production.?
* Applying industry best practices and patterns across infrastructure and application components e.g., security, elasticity, performance.
* Applying your experience/knowledge of cloud computing in building applications using Azure
* Provide accountability for the monitoring and reporting of the supported systems performance.
* Define and provide configuration changes to our core applications as deemed necessary.
* Lead and govern the release and change management processes required to implement technical changes to our core applications.
* Ensure the quality of deliverables by governing the validation and verification of technical output through QA and test processes.
* Provide the focal point for advice, guidance, and technical input of own area through, knowledge transfer, one to one workshop, mentoring to other teams as required.
You will need to have -
* Must have at least with 4-6 years of experience in Azure Cloud
* Must have commercial experience using Azure Data Factory and/or Azure Synapse Analytics
* Outstanding understanding on Cloud VM and Server technologies, including management of services across a hybrid-cloud environment
* Proficient in building automated processes using well-known languages and frameworks such as PowerShell, CLI, python, YML, JSON, Puppet, Jenkins pipe-line, Terraform, Azure Template
* Outstanding understanding of application, server, and network security and compliance requirements
* Experience in capacity monitoring and trend analysis
* Expertise in CI/CD automation using Jenkins pipeline
* Familiarity with the interworking of Web applications and relational databases
* Experience with setup of Disaster Recovery and High Availability
* Ability to do proof-of-concepts for server, storage, network, and security technologies to support the cloud infrastructure
* Demonstrate experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale IT system or Software projects.
* Experience from a similar support or development role in supporting business critical systems in a medium/large organisation
Functional and Technical Skills
* Sufficient functional and business awareness to become an effective technical support to functional analysts and developers
Communication and Personal Attributes
* A proactive approach with the ability to prioritise own workload within demanding schedules
* Excellent written and verbal skills
* Able to take ownership of problems and requests as well as the ability to work in a pressurised environment
Problem Solving, Analysis and Reasoning
* Excellent analysis capability and extensive design experience
* Excellent technical computing, analysis, design, and development skills
* A systematic, disciplined, and analytical approach to problem solving
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
2021 wrapped up…
We can all agree that 2021 has allowed us to test our agility in times of uncertainty. Our business had to prioritise safety, introducing hybrid working. Then we faced up…
Delivery Manager vs Project Manager
A career as a delivery manager and a project manager involves leadership and management. While both roles help businesses to improve business productivity, there are several differences between a delivery…
How to Answer Salary Questions in an Interview
We get it, it's an awkward one, isn't it? You're trying to show the interviewer you're the right person for the job, but it can be difficult to gauge what…