Your role: Chartering Specialist
As a Chartering Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in facilitating the efficient and strategic movement of tonnage and cargo, ensuring seamless operations in the dynamic world of maritime trade. Collaborating closely with the Chartering Manager and senior team members, you'll contribute to the optimization of chartering activities, navigating the intricacies of the Atlantic trade routes.
Culture and Progression Opportunities:
Our client fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous growth. As a Chartering Specialist, you'll be part of a dynamic team that values expertise and encourages creative problem-solving. They are committed to providing ample opportunities for professional development and career progression, empowering employees to reach new heights in their careers within the global shipping industry.
1. Tonnage and Cargo Management: Utilize your proven tonnage and cargo experience to optimize vessel movements, ensuring cost-effective and timely chartering operations.
2. Collaborative Support: Work closely with the Chartering Manager and senior team to provide comprehensive support in coordinating chartering activities.
3. Atlantic Trade Expertise: Leverage your familiarity with Atlantic trade routes to navigate complexities and capitalize on market trends.
4. Operational Excellence: Embrace an Operator style mentality, focusing on meticulous execution and attention to detail in all aspects of chartering activities.
5. Contract Negotiation: Engage in negotiations with shipowners, brokers, and other stakeholders to secure favorable charter agreements.
6. Market Analysis: Stay abreast of market trends, assess risks, and identify opportunities to optimize chartering strategies.
7. Documentation Management: Ensure accurate and timely documentation related to charter parties, demurrage calculations, and other relevant paperwork.
8. Communication: Maintain effective communication channels with internal teams, external partners, and stakeholders to facilitate smooth operations.
1. Proven tonnage or cargo experience in the maritime industry.
2. Familiarity with Atlantic trade routes and associated market dynamics.
3. Strong analytical skills and the ability to adopt an Operator style mentality.
4. Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
5. Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy in documentation.
6. Ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment.
7. Bachelor's degree in a relevant field is preferred.
ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
Mental health in Maritime & COVID-19
Employees of the maritime sector are arguably more vulnerable than most, even outside of a global mental health crisis. A 2019 study found that, while it’s “difficult to establish the…
Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity in Rail and Infrastructure Sector.
We spoke in our earlier blog about how the rail and infrastructure sector is facing challenges with lack of talent in the industry right now. But another finding from our…
Need-to-Know: Cyber security and Brexit
Now business owners have another cyber concern to contend with: Brexit. Amid all the political uncertainty, it’s hard to know what the impacts will be. When it comes to cyber…