Backend Development Lead (C# and .Net)
Paying up to £70k per annum
My client in the Real Estate industry are looking for a Backend Development Lead to join their team on a permanent basis.
You will be part of a Product or Technical squad, where the squad is responsible for building, delivering and maintaining fantastic software. This means you will be involved in all stages of your lifecycle from the initial discovery, through planning, build, release and monitoring. You'll be part of all the usual Agile ceremonies and as a team, you will be delivering great new functionality over two-week sprints.
As a lead backend engineer, your time will be split between coaching other backend developers within the team, steering our backend architecture and providing oversight on the back end tasks for our backlog items - delivering some independently and some through coaching others. As we work in multidisciplinary squads, ideally you will also be able to support others doing Front End, QA, DevOps (etc) work to make sure we hit our sprint goals.
Your new development will be done within a Microservices architecture, but you will also be contributing to our legacy systems while we are in the transition period.
Outside of squad work you will be part of the Back End Chapter. We hold Chapter meetings to talk about tech and ways of working. We work democratically to evolve our stack and make constant improvements.
* Strong C# development experience
* Experience with both .NET Core and .NET Web API
* Experience of building Microservices in .Net Core
* Experience using Message Based Architectures
* Experience using both SQL & NoSQL technologies
* Experience of API design Cloud development/architecture (Azure)
* Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum/Kanban)
* Knowledge and experience of Unit Testing (xUnit, nUnit)
* Experience of TDD practices
* DevOps (CI/CD, Pipelines, Infrastructure-as-Code)
* Experiencing managing small teams of developers
* An excellent communicator and relationship builder
* Confident in providing technical guidance and mentoring to mid-level and junior developers Enjoys bringing clarity to situations then helping others to take ownership
* Role-models curiosity, open-mindedness, honesty, and transparency
* Advocacy for great engineering practices around the Digital & Technology team
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
Heather Cracknell, CPO – 10 years, and more.
From Senior HR Business Partner to Chief People Officer... I always think that a milestone anniversary makes you think not just of the future but the journey you have been…
Close Contract (Contract Recruitment)
The UK is one of the three most successful countries for contract recruitment. According to OnRec, an astonishing 86% of British recruitment industry turnover in 2019 is covered by contract…
Gender Balance in the bunker industry
The global bunker industry is growing and evolving. Increases in international seaborne trade are met with rising demand for more sustainable fuels. The sector’s heart constitutes a workforce varying wildly…