LocationChichester, West Sussex
Salary£36000 - £38000 per annum
Our client is looking for an Assistant Irrigation Manager to join their team in the Chichester area.
You will be responsible for assisting the Irrigation Manager in the day-to-day operations. Ensuring the upkeep & maintenance of all Irrigation systems & areas. Ensuring that all crops have the optimum moisture & fertiliser balance at all times & agreed strategies are delivered.
Ideally you will have:
* Field Irrigation experience with same/similar crop systems.
* Experience with Priva or similar systems.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Flexibility on working hours, including weekends, bank holidays and cover as required.
* Take responsibility for personal development.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
* Ensuring that all work carried out is completed with the full awareness of you and your colleague's health and safety, in accordance with Health and Safety regulations.
* Ensuring that Risk Assessments are adhered to when necessary.
* Ensuring that accurate entries are maintained for Irrigation records, fertiliser mixing & all required records & checklists.
* Ensuring that the Irrigation stores are kept tidy and are secured at all times.
* Overseeing a small Irrigation team on a daily basis, ensuring all jobs are done in a timely & efficient manner.
* Design & implement a robust maintenance programme & being aware of all crop work being undertaken to ensure immediate maintenance actions are taken where required.
* Watering & feeding of the crops, via the automated growing systems (Priva, Netafim).
* Collection & analysis of daily run off & drip data.
* Collection & analysis of GDH & Chill units.
* Daily monitoring of Temperature & Humidity within the crops.
* Fertiliser mixing & record keeping.
* Assist in maintaining accurate and appropriate irrigation records.
* Maintaining adequate drainage within the fields & surrounding areas.
* Ensuring adequate frost protection measures are delivered when required.
* Maintain Irrigation storage areas, containers & feed stations.
* Assisting with stock taking & stock monitoring.
* Collection of coir, water & leaf samples.
* Calibrate dosing equipment to ensure that the correct rate is being applied to the crop.
* Carry out general maintenance on Irrigation equipment & systems where necessary.
Please note that you will need a clean UK/EU driving license.
This will be a Monday to Friday role for which our client would be willing to pay up to £38,000 per annum and a holiday package of 25 days of holiday plus Bank Holidays.
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
Eek! Awkward interview questions
Brilliant! You’ve got an interview for that job you really want. You’re elated, beaming, feeling rather chuffed and then… it hits. You’ve got an interview. An interview. But that also…
7 Ways to Save Money in the Festive Period
1. Set a Spending Limit and Keep Track. At this time of year, it’s easy to get excited when you're in the shops or shopping online, and you can overspend.…
National Apprenticeship Week 2022: Why an Apprenticeship?
In conversation with one of the REC’s Chief Examiners and ‘World’s Oldest Apprentice’ Derek Goff Do apprenticeships have an age limit? Do you have to be a certain type of…