Salary£55000 - £65000 per annum + Generous pension, hybrid working etc.
Senior Dynamic Stress Engineer
£55,000 - £65,000 plus benefits
Manchester, Warrington, OR Derby - Hybrid/Remote Options
We are Rolls-Royce SMR and we're doing something that's never been done before. We're revolutionising an industry. That's a once-in-a-career opportunity for those excited by such a challenge. This is more than just a job; this is a legacy.
We are now recruiting for the exciting role of Senior Dynamic Stress Engineer, to be involved in in a game changing role as we strive to make the nuclear industry more diverse.
The Senior Dynamic Stress engineer will sit within the Reactor Island Component Structural Analysis team and work closely with the component design teams to deliver dynamic stress analysis capability across the Reactor Island Components team. This role would involve undertaking dynamic structural analysis, providing support to our supply chain partners in reviewing and advising on analysis work performed in the supply chain as well as writing justification strategy or assessment methodology documents
Key Results & What Can Be Achieved in The Role:
- Manage and deliver internal and external work packages in line with requirements to support the overall programme
- Identify and mitigate risks and opportunities including leading the delivery of the Large Bore Loss of Coolant Accident structural justification programme.
- Represent Reactor Island components at structural cross-working groups including Seismic, Vibration and system design.
- Ensure that quality is maintained throughout the SMR project lifecycle by undertaking appropriate technical reviews and providing the required reactor components inputs to the project technical review gates.
- Require review and management of work in the supply chain as well as management of budgets for work
- Initially not include any direct reports but as the project matures and dependent on whether work is kept internal and outsourced there may be a need to manage a small team
The Key Selection Criteria:
- We are looking for candidates with a moderate to high level of experience and skills in at least some, or all of the technical assessment areas below:
- Vibrational fatigue
- Modal analysis
- Impact assessments - including any for the transportation of nuclear containers.
- Time domain assessments (Implicit, Explicit)
- Fluid Structural Interaction Methods (Coupled Structural-Acoustic, coupled CFD-FEA)
- Seismic (noting this is desirable as there is a Seismic team elsewhere in the business but there would be the potential to act as the Reactor Island interface)
- Transport requirements (including the transport of nuclear fuel)
- Experience of undertaking assessments to industry and internationally recognised codes (preferable nuclear).
- Programme Management experience, including: Definition of a project/programme of work, Delivery of programme milestones in line with agreed plans and budget, and Management of supply chain etc.
- Experience of other assessment types or methods such as pressure vessel or pipe stress analysis would be desirable but not an essential requirement for the role.
Qualifications & Training:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Chartered Mechanical Engineer (or equivalent) with experience including responsibility for technically leading projects.
- Proven and direct experience in structural dynamic assessments.
- Planning and organising skills to manage programme activities and deliverables.
- Ability to communicate effectively with any audience, quickly establishing credibility and buy-in.
- Ability to write technical strategy documents including consideration of verification plans
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. If you feel you meet 75% of the requirements for this role, we would love to hear from you.
Also, if you are considering a career move or a sector-jump, please get in touch, we welcome applications from people with transferable skills.
Pay and Benefits:
We anticipate paying a salary of between £55,000 - £65,000 plus:-
- Bonus - Performance related bonus of up to 12.5%
- Benefits Allowance - £2200, enabling you to create a bespoke package
- Pension - 12% employer and 6% employee contributions.
- Holidays - 28 days holiday (+ public holidays) and the ability to buy or sell up to 4 days
- Private Medical Insurance - BUPA single cover health care
- Life Assurance - 6x pensionable pay
- £250 - One-off payment for new starters for home office purchases
We are Rolls-Royce SMR
Rolls-Royce SMR is a rare employer because it blends the world-class brand of Rolls Royce with an exciting start-up that has a hugely challenging mission. We're doing work that contributes to the survival of the planet. Because of our mission, there's a pace and energy that is palpable, and our leaders draw you in with their passion, energy, and determination.
We're one of a handful of employers who can genuinely say we're a strengths-based organisation - our people are here because of what makes them great, and our job is to help them make the best contribution of their careers doing work they love.
The start-up mentality coupled with our strengths-approach to people means there are opportunities to grow in ways and jobs you probably would be barred from doing in more traditional companies.
Each Rolls-Royce SMR power station will have the capacity to generate 470MW of low carbon energy, equivalent to more than 150 onshore wind turbines and enough to power a million homes. It will provide consistent baseload generation for at least 60 years, helping to support the roll out of renewable generation and overcome intermittency issues
At Rolls-Royce SMR, we are committed to ensuring that our teams reflect the communities we serve and that everyone can be themselves at work. We know that diverse teams are more innovative and get better results, and that our people can thrive and be more successful in truly inclusive cultures. Join us and help shape our culture. Find out more about our inclusion pledge.
Rolls-Royce SMR is a place where everyone can grow, so whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and help shape our culture.
Our Application Process:
The recruitment process for this vacancy is being handled by Advanced Resource Managers, an official recruitment partner to Rolls Royce SMR.
RR SMR have a 2-stage interview process and they can be online or in-person. Please do let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made.
Your candidate experience is at the utmost importance to us. If you are not yet ready to apply but would like to discuss any of the above, please contact jasmine White via 02392 458 027 to arrange a confidential conversation with a recruitment partner.
Our Screening Process
Due to the safety regulations within the nuclear industry, applicants will be required to participate in following additional screening:-
- Obtaining Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance
- Satisfactory completion of a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Satisfactory completion of a basic financial probity check
This vacancy is being advertised by either Advanced Resource Managers Limited, Advanced Resource Managers IT Limited or Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited ("ARM"). ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Email me jobs like this
Building your Brand: LinkedIn Lessons
3 people are hired through LinkedIn every minute. So why are you still failing to make headway? Clearly there’s an audience, so whether you’re a candidate or recruiter here are…
7 Ways to Save Money in the Festive Period
1. Set a Spending Limit and Keep Track. At this time of year, it’s easy to get excited when you're in the shops or shopping online, and you can overspend.…
As a recruiter, I spend a large amount of time giving interview tips to candidates and taking feedback from employers and job hunters on how they performed at interview. But…